+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer window . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    What a ridiculous statement, 'Id rather see a relegation so we can go win a league'.

I think we need to be very careful in how we move the club forward, especially considering the state of modern football. In the last 28 years we have seen the club move forward considerably from stagnating in the part-time second division to full-time first division (now Championship) football. In that time we have won/competed in a few cups, more than a lot of teams at our level around the country I would say. Between late 90s and early 00's no one in my school even knew who Queens were.

There is a tendency in modern day football to want a short time fix to get to the upper echelons of football but we need to be careful not to blow our budget which ultimately ended up with us getting relegated a couple of years back. We need to be strategic and take gradual steps forward, making the right investments to grow the club, rather than playing catch up and copying short term approaches other clubs might take. If that means utilising the loan market much like we did 10 years ago then so be it before we are then in a position to offer more attractive contracts to players.

We honestly go round and round on this forum about this subject of it being the normal amongst the queens faithful to accept this so called mediocracy. Before we had oil money and marketers coming into football this approach is how you grew a football club, you aren't going to see continuous exponential growth which you seem to assume. We need to plateau at some point to reconsolidate, mine the experience of players like Dobbie to develop our players and then push on.

yep i agree with most of what you say but you talk about when we stagnated in the second division ,we are now stagnating in the championship and the fans are dwindling away slowly like thay did when we stagnated for years in the second division ,im all for competing in the championship and trying to progress it year on year but im not seing that happen and judging by the fans dwindling away neither are thay ,we have players like dobbie at the club atm ,i wouldnt like to see us 2 or 3 years down the line with dobs retired and think what have we achieved other than stagnating in the championship ,build a team roundabout him while he is still playing to a decent level and go for it as once he goes it will be like starting from scratch again .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post

"Falkirk now sign Ian McShane on an 18 month deal"

"Thought Queens would have tried to sign Lovejoy..."
    ~

That's a bugger......he would have been my target!

He will transform Falkirk's midfield and provide their front runners with some much needed ammunition.

Hey ho!........it'll be budgets, - but all the more reason for fearing those teams below us. Only 3 wins separate us from Falkirk and Partick.

No chance he was coming back. He wanted away from us.
    Flattered to deceive anyway imo

Being in the mix for a play off spot in one of the most competitive leagues in the country is not my definition of stagnating nor mediocrity. Additionally for a club of Queens means coupled with the crowds we get I do believe that we can be proud of the position we find ourselves in and I for one will always be there to see them competing, and regularly beating, with some of the biggest names in Scottish football for that spot.

McShane ? Oh, no thanks. Rather have Paul Shane from HI De Hi
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 03-01-2019 at 05:34 PM.

DONE DEAL! Partick Thistle sign former Dunfermline winger Joe Cardle

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    DONE DEAL! Partick Thistle sign former Dunfermline winger Joe Cardle
    The Bairns now signed 5 players !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Hopefully they don’t instantly hit it off straight away and kick start their season.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Hopefully they don’t instantly hit it off straight away and kick start their season.
    The more that they sign in apparent panic the longer they will take to settle as happened over the close season so a chance for us to widen the gap on them. See Neilson is in the process of major surgery at Dundee United as well which a large batch of players being released so there may be opportunities for the Queens to pick up some of these off casts as none of them will be bad players having been signed in the first place. I cannot remember a January window like this as normally it is fairly quiet from a signing perspective and these clubs in the process of making bulk changes are really taking a chance that it will pay off big time.
    Interesting times ahead for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Their squad this season has been absolutely woeful. I wouldn`t in all honesty be shocked to see even more players brought in. Their difficulty might be moving out some of the duds who are on a decent wage. As Spike says above a lot of new signings is by no means a guarantee of significantly improved fortunes.

Make no mistake Falkirk and Partick will not be relegated...........but someone will drop into the automatic relegation position.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)