Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
What a ridiculous statement, 'Id rather see a relegation so we can go win a league'.

I think we need to be very careful in how we move the club forward, especially considering the state of modern football. In the last 28 years we have seen the club move forward considerably from stagnating in the part-time second division to full-time first division (now Championship) football. In that time we have won/competed in a few cups, more than a lot of teams at our level around the country I would say. Between late 90s and early 00's no one in my school even knew who Queens were.

There is a tendency in modern day football to want a short time fix to get to the upper echelons of football but we need to be careful not to blow our budget which ultimately ended up with us getting relegated a couple of years back. We need to be strategic and take gradual steps forward, making the right investments to grow the club, rather than playing catch up and copying short term approaches other clubs might take. If that means utilising the loan market much like we did 10 years ago then so be it before we are then in a position to offer more attractive contracts to players.

We honestly go round and round on this forum about this subject of it being the normal amongst the queens faithful to accept this so called mediocracy. Before we had oil money and marketers coming into football this approach is how you grew a football club, you aren't going to see continuous exponential growth which you seem to assume. We need to plateau at some point to reconsolidate, mine the experience of players like Dobbie to develop our players and then push on.

yep i agree with most of what you say but you talk about when we stagnated in the second division ,we are now stagnating in the championship and the fans are dwindling away slowly like thay did when we stagnated for years in the second division ,im all for competing in the championship and trying to progress it year on year but im not seing that happen and judging by the fans dwindling away neither are thay ,we have players like dobbie at the club atm ,i wouldnt like to see us 2 or 3 years down the line with dobs retired and think what have we achieved other than stagnating in the championship ,build a team roundabout him while he is still playing to a decent level and go for it as once he goes it will be like starting from scratch again .