+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Director

Quote Originally Posted by Oddsox View Post
    I’m not judging him, it’s more about gathering information.
    But going to please explain how he is going to identify players when he knows about as much as you & I about football , eg , very very little in real terms.
    I doubt very much his job, involves anything to do with playing matters,
    How do you work out that he knows very little about football? Seems like you're just making up ways to be negative. It may or may not turn out well for us, who knows? One thing I do know however is that without the takeover we were floating up a river of **** without a paddle!

It appears to me that the role of sporting director is a business position, not a football one. For example, I work in IT and have had quite a few IT directors above me in the business structure. I can tell you that none of them had a clue about the technical details I deal with on a daily basis. They didn't have to as it's a management role, someone to be responsible for that aspect of the business at board level.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    A MA degree ( Masters in Arts ) is not a post graduate degree, it is a 4 year degree which is obtained by attending and passing your exams at Uni - I know this I have an MA degree. Once you get your MA degree you can then go on to do a post grad degree - just thought I'd set this straight as what you have posted is wrong and misleading.
    I said Masters not MA.There are several different type of Masters (Master of Arts being one, Masters of Science being another). However, I accept I was imprecise, although no more than you. I should have said, normally postgraduate, as most are although there are several integrated Masters courses also.
    Although wikopedia not always 100% accurate there descriptions (see link) are reasonable. See under types. Another useful description at second link.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master%27s_degree#Title

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/postgrad...masters-degree.

Just thought I would set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    I said Masters not MA.There are several different type of Masters (Master of Arts being one, Masters of Science being another). However, I accept I was imprecise, although no more than you. I should have said, normally postgraduate, as most are although there are several integrated Masters courses also.
    Although wikopedia not always 100% accurate there descriptions (see link) are reasonable. See under types. Another useful description at second link.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master%27s_degree#Title

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/postgrad...masters-degree.

Just thought I would set the record straight.
    You are getting Scottish Uni qualifications mixed up with England - in Scotland you study for 4 years and get a MA degree, if you study for 4 years. I also have a post grad degree, so I do have some knowledge on what I am talking about. The Wiki you have looked at will be for England - not Scotland.

However, lets draw a line under this as we are both getting well off the subject at hand and starting to bore those on the forum.

Stealing my thunder you pair of boring *******s.

😴😴😴

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    The new owner is putting a great deal of faith in this revolution sports bunch.

Involved in the takeover itself and set to be involved in the ongoing running. How much due diligence has he run on them because that will determine how well things go it qpupd appear.

They are agents to trade so bound to be eyeing up our young players for themselves to earn a slice. Question is how much of a slice?

How much of a jobs for the revolution sports boys type setup will we become? But then again every football club is jobs for the boys pretty much.

I expect the Revolution sports folks had sold Ogren on the idea he can make a profit. All the while they are guaranteed it with consutancy fees and potential agents commisions. Plus this boy taking a salary far sporting director.
    Ogren on the other hand is almost guaranteed to lose money.

Great gig for Revolution Sport gang.
    Going to bump this as we've got an ex policeman about to be appointed sporting director of our club and I expect further revolution chaps to come in. I am very worried tbh. Ogren can't seriously think he can appoint a bunch of agents to run a football club for the benefit of the club and ultimately his profit.

Plus he has been the agent of ****e players that have achieved little.

Now I'm really worry we are watching Ogren get conned here and will have to endure and ultimately rescue the club once the **** hits the fan.

I hope Arabtrust, Fed, FU, DUSF etc etc are investigating and pushing hard.

These groups must do their own and collective due dilligences. Anything less is a dereliction of duty
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 02-01-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Going to bump this as we've got an ex policeman about to be appointed sporting director of our club and I expect further revolution chaps to come in. I am very worried tbh. Ogren can't seriously think he can appoint a bunch of agents to run a football club for the benefit of the club and ultimately his profit.
    Cynic in me is he is either trying to get us up top 6 invest then sell. or we wont exist and one of the options is merger.

Who knows.

We all know there is no profit to be made running a club like Dundee United. I accept I may cynical about it but, honestly, I fear for our future once Ogren realises this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Cynic in me is he is either trying to get us up top 6 invest then sell. or we wont exist and one of the options is merger.

Who knows.
    My worry is he has been sold on a fantasy by Asghar who appears to be small fry in grand scheme

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)