+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Director

Sporting Director

Reports of Tony Asghar, can't say I've heard of?

According to reports he's been involved in the Ogren purchase of the club. Also been taking with Robbie about the January transfer window for a while.

Looks well thought off, guys like Craig Brown & Archie Knox saying he was always very easy and professional to deal with.

Does that mean we can get rid of Southern then?

According to papers he’s held consultant positions with leading clubs in England, Spain and France and is the owner of revolutionary global ltd which helped with purchase of Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Does that mean we can get rid of Southern then?
    Is Southern still here? What does he actually do?

So no-one knows anything about him other than what the likes of the Daily Record etc are feeding? Same as me then.

https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/sport-directo...EaAjpJEALw_wcB
    A 2 year part time coarse
    Wtf are we getting involved with.
    Worrying
    Also his director is a slippery hun(D

Oh dear. The guy’s not even started and we’ve judged him already.
    Master’s degrees are post graduate courses. That means you either have a relevant degree already or sufficient practical and relevant experience from elsewhere. Just because a course is part-time does not somehow make it worthless.
    I have no knowledge of him or his experience, but I was happy that our new chairman picked someone with relevant qualifications and practical experience in the right area for the role rather than just pick some ex-player or out of work manager for the sake of it.
    I’m hoping his experience as an agent can help us identify the type of players who can make a difference to our challenge for promotion.
    I’m certainly going to give him the time and opportunity to do that, rather than write him off simply because he not a known face.

I’m not judging him, it’s more about gathering information.
    But going to please explain how he is going to identify players when he knows about as much as you & I about football , eg , very very little in real terms.
    I doubt very much his job, involves anything to do with playing matters,

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)