+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Director

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Its important to air opinions on here and some good points made but yes there is a certain irony here.

edit to say: It seemed that same two were critical of Neilson appointment too? just saying
    I don't remember being critical of Neilson's appointment. Underwhelmed, yes, when his name was mentioned as the leading candidate but I like him and am very happy with him.

Thanks for posting the link. Quite an interesting read in terms of tone and openness. This sort of article will definitely help us get familiar with the new characters and their thinking.

Also quite surprised to see TA had been at many of our games last season too. That will have given him plenty insights into our mood and some of the issues. See he also checks out the forums...hiya Tony!

He will defo have checked this forum. Good read, comes across very well to be fair. Few people on here had/have doubts about him but i like the cut of his jib!

I actually said hello and wished him good luck at the Montrose match as he was sitting just behind me. Probably just as well I never mentioned this place.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamoftangerine View Post
    Thanks for posting the link. Quite an interesting read in terms of tone and openness. This sort of article will definitely help us get familiar with the new characters and their thinking.

Also quite surprised to see TA had been at many of our games last season too. That will have given him plenty insights into our mood and some of the issues. See he also checks out the forums...hiya Tony!
    It was him that started 'Csaba, Csaba gtf...' in the ET Lower after the 5-1 game v Coonty.

Seems to be plenty folk happy clapping, I'm definitely not one of them.
    As things stand my prediction is bottom 3.
    Or worse.

Still time to add players but based on activity so far we are going to be in for a long hard and disappointing season.

And...just to add, Asghar trying to make it look like Courts had a hand in signing Mulgrew is taking the absolute piss out of decent United supporters. Clyde and banana boat.

We have a Sporting Director who is in his element spending the owner's money getting us further into bigger and bigger debt recruiting coach after coach after coach to match a manual he read, handing out 2 year deals to players who should be out the door and the wages freed up to sign some really good players.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Seems to be plenty folk happy clapping, I'm definitely not one of them.
    As things stand my prediction is bottom 3.
    Or worse.

Still time to add players but based on activity so far we are going to be in for a long hard and disappointing season.
    Happy Clapping is one phrase I cant stand tbh mate. I've been called one before and it frustrates me that you cant have a balanced opinion on things without being called it.

There are some things at the club I am ok with, some things I'm happy with, some things I am unhappy with, and some things I hate.

Putting across a positive spin on something that doesnt toe the line of slagging everything the club does at the minute is perfectly fine in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Exactly. Said it a million times clubs don't just come out and say things like some are expecting them to do. Benji, Edwards, Shanks, Fuchs will all be here until a club offers us enough money to let them go its as simple as that. If you are waiting for the club to come out and say anything differently then you'll be waiting a while.

In terms of rumours we've seen the JDH one being mentioned but as with every club we'll be working in the background to get some business done. Same as every other summer. People are just dying for information which is fair enough but the best thing to do is just wait and see what happens. Our current squad should get us through that League Cup group so as long as we've made a couple more signings in time for that first game, that is all that matters.

I think the comms and content this summer has been pretty poor though. One day of pre-season videos along with a Liam Fox interview and a Kerr Smith interview (written only, no video) isn't exactly keeping us engaged as fans. I remember a few seasons back we had updates every day, pictures interviews etc. Until the club realises that simple content like that is what people want then they will always struggle to have a good online reputation. Right now I see a club that appears to be professional in the info and content it produces but doesnt think outside the box and try to understand what the fans want.

How hard is one interview a day with a player? A wee review of last season, how they felt. Goals for this season. How they spent their time off. How they are enjoying pre-season. Whatever you want to talk about, most fans will watch it. Very frustrating.
    I agree with all that.

Fans want some engagement over the summer and kept in touch.

I also want to be positive however before anyone says anything about being alright in hindsight. Sorry to say I think this coming season is going to be an embarrassment and a disaster. I also think tony thinks we fans have just come down the Clyde in a banana boat. I will be as happy as Larry is I am hopelessly wrong. I think Larry is our new first team coach - no?

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)