+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy new year

We hosted at NYE party in the garden. Kids clubed together and hired Silent Disco gear. Great fun and no upset neighbours. Next morning the weather was so good we sat on the patio huddled around the fire pit and had a few bloody marys for breakfast.

Love New Year. Don't get all this maudlin another year older bollox. Make the most of it.

After all there were people on the Titanic who said no to the sweet trolley.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Starting with 5 nights in Sydney Paul then flying up to Brisbane for 6 nights and using that as a base to do places like Byron Bayz

We then fly out to Hamilton Island for 6 nights for more of a beach style holiday and we then finish off with 5 nights in Perth.

I’m not looking forward to the journey tbh.

If I like Perth as much as I anticipate I plan to find somewhere there I can rent every Jan-Feb and spend a couple of months living there every winter.
    Sure you will love Perth Mick. Family over there and make sure we visit every year. Only missed one year in the last 11. Off ourselves in just over a couple of weeks. NZ for 3 weeks first and then Perth for 5 weeks but also couple of nights in Brisbane as well.

Journey not as bad as you might think. My best tip is do not look at your watch or check the time once on the plane. Once you start clock watching it takes for ever to get there. Just relax read, watch films, listen to music whatever but just take the opportunity to relax.

Have a great time.

Starting with 5 nights in Sydney Paul then flying up to Brisbane for 6 nights and using that as a base to do places like Byron Bayz

We then fly out to Hamilton Island for 6 nights for more of a beach style holiday and we then finish off with 5 nights in Perth.

I’m not looking forward to the journey tbh.

If I like Perth as much as I anticipate I plan to find somewhere there I can rent every Jan-Feb and spend a couple of months living there every winter.
    I loved it all. Great place, great lifestyle, great people. I found the journey out there to be fine. Take care if you fancy a swim Mick. Just south of Perth I swam a long way out in a fantastic sea. I could have gone on and on but could just about see them waving to me to come in. A couple of days later a bloke was taken by a shark nearby. Mick, have a good time down under, so to speak.

Thanks lads.

I’m a but concerned about the Brisbane bit....people keep telling me they didn’t enjoy it there.

I’m wondering whether to convert the middle four days of that 6 day stay into a stop elsewhere such as Byron Bay?

Any advice appreciated on that or Sydney and Perth as I’m a complete virgin in Aussie?

Can I ask (again) lads... has my original Baggie Mad board mate Stroller been in touch this past year ?.
    And is he still ok now ?.

Thanks lads.

I’m a but concerned about the Brisbane bit....people keep telling me they didn’t enjoy it there.

I’m wondering whether to convert the middle four days of that 6 day stay into a stop elsewhere such as Byron Bay?

Any advice appreciated on that or Sydney and Perth as I’m a complete virgin in Aussie?
    Sydney - Be sure to take a harbour trip to fully appreciate the beautiful setting. Visit The Rocks. Perth - Visit Kings Park. I enjoyed Fremantle. Again it is worth getting on the water.

Thanks lads.

Have to agree with Q as well. Sydney is great all around the harbour and the rocks. My recommendation would be go all the way around on the hop on hop off bus not getting off just taking it all it. Then go around a second time getting off and on at the places you really fancy because there are a lot of things to see in this incredible city. Depending on how long your are there consider a 2 day pass. Also for me the other must is to catch the public ferry out to Manley and have a day there, just brilliant, including the ferry trip out.

Perth must do go to Kings Park and spend most of the day just slowly walking around and taking in the views, especially by the fantastic War memorial. Nice cafe at the top as well. If you have enough time go to the trotting on a Friday night. Great atmosphere and something completely different. Lucky Shag is a great place to drink and eat by the water in the city. Visit at least one of the wineries in the Swan Valley if you can. They also do great food at plenty of them and finally visit Fremantle and again get on the free hop on hop off cat first to get your bearings. You can get a boat trip one way from Perth and catch the train the other way as well.

You will not be disappointed although you may be sure by how much everything costs these days.

Thanks lads.

I’ve got family in Sydney and have visited a couple of times over the years taking extended breaks when there. Never been to Perth but your time in Sydney should be about right. Walk the area called The Rocks, do a city tour, get on the water maybe getting over to Taronga for the best harbour views and take a day out to visit the Blue Mountains. Then you have the excellent city/ restaurant vibe.

Brisbane- depends what you want tbh Mick. Has a small town feel about it but is making improvements due to it not being a draw like Melbourne and Sydney are. Most go for the beaches which are numerous and very good an hour either way. The Gold Coast is the theme park capital of Oz so if Seaworld et al is your thing that is why many gocto Brisbane - but as a base! Most reasons to visit Brisbane are to go somewhere else like I’ve just pointed out so we’re it me I’d not be spending 4 days there on its own. Yes, the bars and cafe culture is booming but you got that in Sydney and no doubt Perth. Hope that adds food for thought!

Mick I came back on to mention 3 other things to consider in Sydney but stripes has already mentioned the Blue Mountains day out. Definitely a great trip if you have the time.

The other one which took me 3 trips before I succumbed is go to the Opera at the Sydney Opera house. We went to see Turandot because Nessum Dorma (I think that is what it is called, but the World Cup song) came from it and although I don’t like opera it was a great evening and something I don’t regret doing. A once in a lifetime experience for me and a slightly different thing to consider. The other one is even if you dont like cricket go to a Big Bash match if one is on, especially if it is an evening match. What an atmosphere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)