+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New player guesses

I thought we might bring in some young loan players from premier league clubs who wanted to make a name for themselves but have changed my thoughts in the past couple of days because we are not guaranteed another Grealish, McGregor, Yates or Grant.

We need experience, but we need players with the right attitude as well. The never say die attitude. We need fighters and characters. I think this squad lacks personality.

One of the first signings needs to be Alan Sheehan from Luton to fill in the Left Back Position. His contract expires there in the summer so he needs to put himself in the shop window as he is not a regular there and they are knocking on the door of the championship.

Another signing needs to be Adebayo Akinfenwa from Wycombe Wanderers. We cannot rely on Stead all the time so he could come in and be the target man and physical presence up front to bring the likes of Dennis and Hemmings, Enzio into the game. Also give him the ball in the box in the air and he'll score goals. A character as well.

Then we need Neal Bishop who is not going to come here but we need someone of this ilk a fully experience central midfield spoiler. It's got a be a big personality, someone vocal and have captain qualities.

I'd try and get an experience goal keeper as well like a Roy Carroll on loan until the end of the season. Again someone which character who commands and controls the back four in front of him.

What I'm saying is we need a new spine of experienced players and characters who have been there done it we can't afford to take a gamble on any alternative can we?
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 01-01-2019 at 06:24 PM.

I've a horrible feeling Akinfenwa will be just that bit too far past it to do is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Guess or heard something?
    Know

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Liam Trotter #1
    Would be a good signing, although he did cost me three grand with a bizarre injury time equaliser for Forest a few years ago!

Liam Trotter will come in and Elliot Hewitt will possibly go to Salford. Both possible before the Cambridge game.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I thought we might bring in some young loan players from premier league clubs who wanted to make a name for themselves but have changed my thoughts in the past couple of days because we are not guaranteed another Grealish, McGregor, Yates or Grant.

We need experience, but we need players with the right attitude as well. The never say die attitude. We need fighters and characters. I think this squad lacks personality.

One of the first signings needs to be Alan Sheehan from Luton to fill in the Left Back Position. His contract expires there in the summer so he needs to put himself in the shop window as he is not a regular there and they are knocking on the door of the championship.

Another signing needs to be Adebayo Akinfenwa from Wycombe Wanderers. We cannot rely on Stead all the time so he could come in and be the target man and physical presence up front to bring the likes of Dennis and Hemmings, Enzio into the game. Also give him the ball in the box in the air and he'll score goals. A character as well.

Then we need Neal Bishop who is not going to come here but we need someone of this ilk a fully experience central midfield spoiler. It's got a be a big personality, someone vocal and have captain qualities.

I'd try and get an experience goal keeper as well like a Roy Carroll on loan until the end of the season. Again someone which character who commands and controls the back four in front of him.

What I'm saying is we need a new spine of experienced players and characters who have been there done it we can't afford to take a gamble on any alternative can we?
    Hopefully our signings aren't limited to only players that have played for us previously as your knowledge seems to be, Roy Carroll is a hilarious shout, I can't imagine someone as crazy as him would be a great help to our team at the moment. Sheehan would be a decent option to have as left back or centre back, which he is much more of now, but I can't imagine he'd want to leave, he was last spotted jumping into the Luton fans when they equalised in their game on Boxing day.

Liam Trotter will come in and Elliot Hewitt will possibly go to Salford. Both possible before the Cambridge game.
    Yes please Mark...

Was Hewitt to Salford a dead cert before he got injured?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Do we know how long Hewitt is out for? Sod's law, he'll be injured for the rest of the season and we can't get him off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Pretty much. Don't think the injury will change anything to be honest.
    We may need a new striker soon too. Poss 2.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast