+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New player guesses

New player guesses

Any guesses which position the first new player might fill? Mine is goalkeeper.

Knowing us it will most likely be another striker.

19 year old lightweight midfielder from Liverpool ressies who’s one for the future

I think it’s difficult to predict. As Notts fans who have seen the poor performances of players over 20 odd games, we have different ideas to NA. Where both us and NA agree is the positions needed and type of player required.
    A week ago Kellett, Vaughan and Duffy among others were touted to be surplus to requirements, all of a sudden, one good game by these 3 and talk has quietened.
    The emergence of Bird (based on one game) has been a timely boost for NA, does he think we still need another CB? Remember, he said the squad had too many.
    Maybe he should give Etete a run out and see how he handles League 2? If he does, all of a sudden no real need to even contemplate another forward. Plus Enzio to come back.
    Full/wing backs need strengthening, so this could be where he looks at first.
    The other ‘obvious’ player we need is the ball winning midfielder, the kind we have have had (and let go) such as Bishop or O’Connor, blokes with leadership and a bit about them.
    I suppose much will depend on who we can let go or loan out. Crawford (on loan maybe), Thomas (if we continue with 3/5/2 where does he fit in), Hawkridge, Jones or Evina, Osborne (on loan), Hewitt, Pindroch, Husin, Hall (the defender we have really missed), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell (on loan) and a minimum of one from the following - Brisley, Duffy and/or Ward. So 10-12 out to bring 3-5 in.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    19 year old lightweight midfielder from Liverpool ressies who’s one for the future
    Signed at 10.59 pm on 31st January

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Signed at 10.59 pm on 31st January
    The Chairman sheds a tear, the fans shed a lot more.

One would hope lessons have been learned. We did a lot of our business early in the last window and look how that’s turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think it’s difficult to predict. As Notts fans who have seen the poor performances of players over 20 odd games, we have different ideas to NA. Where both us and NA agree is the positions needed and type of player required.
    A week ago Kellett, Vaughan and Duffy among others were touted to be surplus to requirements, all of a sudden, one good game by these 3 and talk has quietened.
    The emergence of Bird (based on one game) has been a timely boost for NA, does he think we still need another CB? Remember, he said the squad had too many.
    Maybe he should give Etete a run out and see how he handles League 2? If he does, all of a sudden no real need to even contemplate another forward. Plus Enzio to come back.
    Full/wing backs need strengthening, so this could be where he looks at first.
    The other ‘obvious’ player we need is the ball winning midfielder, the kind we have have had (and let go) such as Bishop or O’Connor, blokes with leadership and a bit about them.
    I suppose much will depend on who we can let go or loan out. Crawford (on loan maybe), Thomas (if we continue with 3/5/2 where does he fit in), Hawkridge, Jones or Evina, Osborne (on loan), Hewitt, Pindroch, Husin, Hall (the defender we have really missed), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell (on loan) and a minimum of one from the following - Brisley, Duffy and/or Ward. So 10-12 out to bring 3-5 in.

Good post '78

Current squad of what, 33 definitely needs a good trim.

Be nice to see Etete & Osbourne get some game time this season to see how they handle it. NA has had Etete on the bench quite a bit recently, so he must think he is close.

I think that a ball winning midfielder & full/wings backs have been glaring weaknesses for sometime. If we can get in something decent in these areas, and this new formation/attitude works more often than not, I think we should be ok till the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly this.
    Don’t think we will be going down this route in this window Virtue was played in the wrong position as he played as attacking midfielder at Liverpool when anybody knows we needed another CDM to replace Yates.

Incredibly enough we still didn’t do this in the summer either.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast