+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry McGuure

Barry McGuure

A young 6 foot 2 inch centre half signs from Motherwell to the end of the season. I'm guessing that means Semple returning to Sheffield Utd ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    A young 6 foot 2 inch centre half signs from Motherwell to the end of the season. I'm guessing that means Semple returning to Sheffield Utd ?
    I think you could be correct.

This guy seems to have a degree of flexibility which is the main asset that Naysmith has targeted so he is more than welcome aboard and hopefully he can make a significant contribution to our play off drive.

https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/sta...484288000?s=19 Interesting to note that a lot of Well fans think he is ready for their first team now.

Either Semple is going or we are going to attempt to play a record number of defender's.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Either Semple is going or we are going to attempt to play a record number of defender's.
    I think it’s pretty safe to say Semple is going back to Sheffield United.

Hope he plays at Inverness though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    I think it’s pretty safe to say Semple is going back to Sheffield United.

Hope he plays at Inverness though.
    Far more sensible for Naysmith to play Semple on Saturday and let McGuire have an extra weeks training to settle in. If Semple is on his way then I'm sure we'll all say he has been a real asset to us and a credit to himself.Would be good to think his time at Queens can give him the springboard for a good career down south.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 02-01-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Far more sensible for Naysmith to play Semple on Saturday and let McGuire have an extra weeks training to settle in. If Semple is on his way then I'm sure we'll all say he has been a real asset to us and a credit to himself.Would be good to think his time at Queens can give him the springboard for a good career down south.
    Semple said when he arrived that he wanted to play as many games as possible after a serious injury.

He has certainly done that , which hopefully Sheffield Utd have seen and maybe push some other players our way.

He has been excellent for such a young Centre Back. Very calm and comfortable on the ball. Wins almost every header he goes for and has never been bullied by any opposition centre forward.

Pleased we have acted so quickly in getting a replacement......

We already had a replacement though, Michael Doyle and with Brownlie apparently not too far away is this signing really needed ?

It's strange how there is no mention in the club news of Semple returning with us assuming the club has acted quickly with McGuure as the replacement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)