+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oldham Athletic 01.01.19

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Collins wasn't special. He was a different type of goalkeeper to Fitzsimons and both have their strengths and weaknesses, but the rose-tinted recollections of Collins and the witch-hunt against Fitzsimons are simply a reflection of fans flailing about trying to find some simple explanation (or one person to blame) for what is actually a collective and complex team failure. It's what fans do when they can't comprehend what's happening.
    I can't agree with that at all, I said last season that Adam Collin is twice the goalkeeper Ross Fitzsimons will ever be. Fitzsimons gifted more goals in the first six games than Collin would in a season. He's a liability and is one of the main reasons we are rock bottom. That's not a witch-hunt, it's simply saying what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can't agree with that at all, I said last season that Adam Collin is twice the goalkeeper Ross Fitzsimons will ever be. Fitzsimons gifted more goals in the first six games than Collin would in a season. He's a liability and is one of the main reasons we are rock bottom. That's not a witch-hunt, it's simply saying what I see.
    We've agreed we disagree on this, but that's fine.

I think the players we've truly missed this season are Jorge Grant and Ryan Yates. We became a lesser team when Yates left last Christmas, and this season we're without the goals of Jorge Grant as well, effectively back to being the failing team we were before both of them arrived.

When Adam Collin got injured in October 2017, Fitzsimons took over for around three months when Yates and Grant were also in the team, during which time we only lost two games. The decline in form over the second half of the season corresponded with the departure of Yates. Adam Collin was back in the side by the end of January but didn't affect the drop-off in results.

We've agreed we disagree on this, but that's fine.

I think the players we've truly missed this season are Jorge Grant and Ryan Yates. We became a lesser team when Yates left last Christmas, and this season we're without the goals of Jorge Grant as well, effectively back to being the failing team we were before both of them arrived.

When Adam Collin got injured in October 2017, Fitzsimons took over for around three months when Yates and Grant were also in the team, during which time we only lost two games. The decline in form over the second half of the season corresponded with the departure of Yates. Adam Collin was back in the side by the end of January but didn't affect the drop-off in results.
    We have a goalkeeper who doesn't claim crosses and so puts the fear of God into his defence. Unless we replace him we will be relegated. What is the point in sticking with him? Is it because Hardy enforced it on Nolan and is unable to admit this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Well you obviously do not know what Paul Hart looks like or you need glasses, as l have seen & spoken to him several times since he returned.
    He probably doesn't sit in the family stand to be fair. Question then is what on earth does he do as we are no better since he arrived on the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    We have a goalkeeper who doesn't claim crosses and so puts the fear of God into his defence. Unless we replace him we will be relegated. What is the point in sticking with him? Is it because Hardy enforced it on Nolan and is unable to admit this?
    We are conceding way too many goals within the six-yard box from corners and free kicks - and that's a collective failure of the entire team. I haven't seen today's second goal back yet, but the guy is free to tap in a couple of yards out - the goalkeeper has to be coming for that. But how is a player allowed to have so much space in the box?

But if we're trying to improve the team, a new keeper is another to add to the long list of what we need (Oldham's is on loan from Leicester).

To answer your question, no. But I welcome your opinion and prediction. Based on your track record over the years it provides the best case for survival I've heard in weeks!

To answer your question, no. But I welcome your opinion and prediction. Based on your track record over the years it provides the best case for survival I've heard in weeks!
    Just watch the second goal again, it's literally 4 yards out and he still doesn't come off his line. These are basics that I'd expect 12 year olds to grasp and yet we have a professional keeper who still doesn't bother with taking any pressure off his defence.

Name me one that is doing a good job. Crossley and Chettle need replacing with proper coaches that make players improve, Hart I presume never arrived at the club as is never spoken of or seen by anyone.
    Ardley said before the game that Hart was working hard behind the scenes looking at New players

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Ardley said before the game that Hart was working hard behind the scenes looking at New players
    Well, he'd better get a fricking move on because the clock is ticking down faster than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Well, he'd better get a fricking move on because the clock is ticking down faster than ever.
    Bloody hell Sid give the transfer window time to open

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast