+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window 2019

Not much happening on the transfer front for us (our usual window).

Just the same sprinkling of fairy tales with Keogh, Januzai, Dack, McLean, Odoi, and N'Jie being banded around on Facebook and low life Burnley Forums.

But what do you guys think we need to sign? As I see it, our stikers hardly get any service. So just getting another striker is not the way to go for me. We have ok wingers in Brady, Gudmundsson (and Lennon?), but McNeil seem like the only one who can at times get into dangerous areas and support our strikers. Do we need a more creative central midfielder? But with the way we play, our central midfielders do so much defensive work that in reality we need one who can do both very well. And do we play the style we do because it best suite the players we have, or is SD really the ginger Mourinho? I can’t really put my finger on what it is we need to buy at this moment other than perhaps a central midfielder. One that hopefully when getting the ball can take it forward and look for ways to get it to our strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    But what do you guys think we need to sign? As I see it, our stikers hardly get any service. So just getting another striker is not the way to go for me. We have ok wingers in Brady, Gudmundsson (and Lennon?), but McNeil seem like the only one who can at times get into dangerous areas and support our strikers. Do we need a more creative central midfielder? But with the way we play, our central midfielders do so much defensive work that in reality we need one who can do both very well. And do we play the style we do because it best suite the players we have, or is SD really the ginger Mourinho? I can’t really put my finger on what it is we need to buy at this moment other than perhaps a central midfielder. One that hopefully when getting the ball can take it forward and look for ways to get it to our strikers.
    I agree on the CM Will, problem is a CM who can defend and be creative at PL level won't come cheap, and even if one was available would probably be snapped up by a bigger club. I expect we'll just bumble along as usual, and make a pointless signing at the end of the month.

The one I would like to the end of the season on loan would be Danny Drinkwater. Do it now, pay his wages, book Terrier Taxis and fhooking get on with it.

We can then muddle through with what we have and go again in July, certain in the knowledge we would have at least one more season in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Not much happening on the transfer front for us (our usual window).

Just the same sprinkling of fairy tales with Keogh, Januzai, Dack, McLean, Odoi, and N'Jie being banded around on Facebook and low life Burnley Forums.
    Whenever do leopards change their spots Alto?

Nothing whatsoever on the Jungle Drums, no rumours from a "reliable source". Nothing.

Attachment 11464

Everything going to plan then.Just wait for the fan appeasing last minute signing of a Championship player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The one I would like to the end of the season on loan would be Danny Drinkwater. Do it now, pay his wages, book Terrier Taxis and fhooking get on with it.

We can then muddle through with what we have and go again in July, certain in the knowledge we would have at least one more season in the sun.

(Drinkwater earns around £100,000-a-week at Chelsea, meaning he has cost the club well over £40m in transfer fees and wages despite his minimal impact.

Chelsea were keen to sell Drinkwater or send him out on loan during the summer, but the 28-year-old wanted to see whether or not he would feature in Sarri’s plans.)
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...gling-impress/

I think Chelsea will try to sell though.... But 100.000 a week would destroy the dressingroom imo. There are deasent leauges in other countries where the wages are not that crazy...
    Last edited by WillPark; 08-01-2019 at 12:38 PM.

I took a quick look at some highly rated players in the Bundesliga and found this guy Kerem Demirbay, who supposedly make 12000€ a week. I quikly also found that Liverpool has targeted him calling him a complete midfield player... But we now have a scout who I’m sure can sniff up some cheap-ish quality players.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    I took a quick look at some highly rated players in the Bundesliga and found this guy Kerem Demirbay, who supposedly make 12000€ a week. I quikly also found that Liverpool has targeted him calling him a complete midfield player... But we now have a scout who I’m sure can sniff up some cheap-ish quality players.
    We have scouts who couldn't sniff up a line of coke!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)