+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window 2019

Re: Aiden Oneill in Australia on loan to Central Coast Mariners. He's kicked 2 goals in 11 starts and 1 substitute game in a team that have won 1 of 13 for the season (we play over summer here). No assists. Not setting the comp on fire I'm afraid, but I will admit I haven't watched him much and it doesn't mean skills don't deveop but I wouldn't say it's looking good for him to rest our laurels on. The competition standard is usually hard to watch and we get the occasional gem come through like Ross McCormack last year (kicked heaps of goals) and a senior Del Piero five years ago at Sydney FC was great to watch. Tim Cahill tried to see his last playing years out here but couldn't get minutes, so I can't work it out. It's where Awer Mabil made his start too, he's a rare one for this comp to produce and will end up in a very good Euro side. Great comments about sources, targets etc previously, thanks. The Claretsmad forum is by far the best source of info for me.

Welcome to Claretsmad mate..Hope to see you posting regular.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I "understand" we are trying to do a sort of player plus cash swap for JayRod. Vydra and a couple of million perhaps? A central midfielder is actively being sought. I think that would be enough until July, don't you sinkov?
    Told you a couple of weeks ago to get Terrier Taxis down to the Hawthorns BT, we're bringing Jay home, but you pooh-poohed the idea as I recall. Two's not enough, we need four, but if we get even two that will be a miracle.

"Why would the Baggies sell us their most potent striker? Makes no sense does it? The Lansbury Syndrome has struck again."

"I don't think much has changed with Jay since summer, we would still sign him, Jay would happily come home. Who knows what WBA think, funny old game football."

Last edited by sinkov; 16-01-2019 at 09:37 PM.

I have a plan.... I will put another long running bet on which will ensure that we win the next 4 games....

Do it Matelot!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    We are not spending money for the sake of it. = "We will continue with the philosophy of Bob Lord, the difference being we are in Harrods now but will continue wanting to pay Primark prices".

We have a squad big enough and good enough to remain competitive this season. ="When the team can be arsed we are competitive, although I have to admit, I have cancelled appointments for specsavers for the last 10 months"

We will continue to develop our youngsters and add to them if the quality is identified. = We have the training facilities but unfortunately our scout has too much area to cover".

We will be trying to buy young players who have real EPL potential. As in the first question/answer, we will not pay exorbitant prices for something that is not a cast Iron certainty".

We will only buy players for the first team squad who are better than we already have. = Which leaves a lot of players out there we need, but it sounds good when I say it fast".

We have identified two positions where we need to strengthen in depth and we will hopefully have them into Gawthorpe before the January window closes. = "Again my eyesight is not good but 2's a good number, and hopefully if we can raise our poor first, second, third and fourth offer quick enough to match their valuation we'll have them in by the last day, and hopefully Dyche fit to play by May".

Sounds like a plan to me! = "I'll swallow anything they feed me, Anything".
    "We have identified two positions where we need to strengthen in depth and we will hopefully have them into Gawthorpe before the January window closes."

It appears that they are both goalkeeping positions following the sale of Pope; Heaton and Hart

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    "We have identified two positions where we need to strengthen in depth and we will hopefully have them into Gawthorpe before the January window closes."

It appears that they are both goalkeeping positions following the sale of Pope; Heaton and Hart
    It seems inevitable we will part company with Hart at some point. If we brought JayRod and a central midfielder in I think that would suffice. Sorry to hear Aiden is not breaking any pots down under.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I have a plan.... I will put another long running bet on which will ensure that we win the next 4 games....
    Blimey, Matelot, it you do that and we win the next four games, I would be starting to think we could finish in the top 6!! Beat Watford, Manchester City, Manchester United and Southampton and --yes ---miracles are possible

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Attachment 11594

Sounds bonkers to me C_M but if you do it, I'm in too!

What odds could we get on winning our next four games? It must be at least 1000-1.

I would be very happy with 3 or 4 points and not being hammered in the cup.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)