+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: January Transfer Window 2019

On the 8th of January I wrote on this thread :-
    "Everything going to plan then.Just wait for the fan appeasing last minute signing of a Championship player.”
    It was not difficult to predict believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    On the 8th of January I wrote on this thread :-
    "Everything going to plan then.Just wait for the fan appeasing last minute signing of a Championship player.”
    It was not difficult to predict believe me.
    Crouch does not appease all the fans I have spoken to since midday. Teasdale Out!

Perhaps Mr Rigg had a bright idea, let's sell Vokes for £8 million, put that towards the Evans fee, and then we can afford him. Perhaps his equivalent at Birmingham also had a bright idea, Burnley have just trousered £8 million for Vokes, so let's ask £8 million more for Evans.

The Dry Powder Room is bulging sinkov. The Vokes sale was inconsequential money wise, we simply have no idea how to conduct transfer business.

Dyche is on record saying what a pleasure it was to do business with Derby. I'll bet it was, Vydra for £9 million! For a fact Frank paid for Terrier Taxis to nip down the A500 and clear Vydra out from his own pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Dyche is on record saying what a pleasure it was to do business with Derby.
    I'm sure the feeling is mutual, I'll bet Derby just love doing business with us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm sure the feeling is mutual, I'll bet Derby just love doing business with us as well.
    256 posts and all we end up with is Peter Crouch.

All this talk of dry powder. Does anyone know how much there actually is? Is it reported in financial reports etc? How much of Burnley's finances include payments to Board etc and how much exactly? Just need some balance to the notion that we are stockpiling but need some answers.

Without giving you a fully audited balance sheet, we have cash at hand £150.000,000 and enough fully paid up assets player wise to easily add another quarter of a billion quid.
    We have no debt, Gawthorpe is all paid for, we own Turf Moor again, we have some lease liabilities for the fancy medical equipment down at Gawthorpe, but that's it.
    We could have spunked the asking price for Evans and hardly felt it, but no, lets chuck the net proceeds of the Vokes deal (£6,000,000) into the Dry Powder Room and keep on stashing.
    If these figures are factually incorrect, I challenge Dave Baldwin or Mike Garlick to prove otherwise - (they can't and they won't!)

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    All this talk of dry powder. Does anyone know how much there actually is? Is it reported in financial reports etc? How much of Burnley's finances include payments to Board etc and how much exactly? Just need some balance to the notion that we are stockpiling but need some answers.
    The Annual Report is published every year Oz, it's all in there, the latest one for 2017/18 is due out any time now I would think. The reported figures show a total profit over the three seasons previous to 17/18 of £48.6 million. Of course I could be proved wrong, but I can't see any reason why we didn't make a profit last season either.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...ounts-2017.pdf

BT and Sinkov: thanks for your great responses. Balances the matter, and I will be reading the annual reports when they are published.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)