+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 from 20.

10 from 20.

20 games left, 10 wins needed to get to the magic 50. looking mighty scary now???

Just hope that less than 50 will be enough.

It's like groundhog day. One decent performance which usually ends in a draw or a narrow loss followed by an absolute abject one which always ends in a defeat. Have these players no pride? Never mind pride in their club, I'm talking about pride in themselves as pro footballers???

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It's like groundhog day. One decent performance which usually ends in a draw or a narrow loss followed by an absolute abject one which always ends in a defeat. Have these players no pride? Never mind pride in their club, I'm talking about pride in themselves as pro footballers???
    Nope. They're useless and gutless. The thing is, Kewell was criticised for calling them out in public. But what was he supposed to do? Now we have a nice 'arm round the shoulder' manager, so hopefully they won't feel as bad about ruining our great club.

I actually think you could stay up with as little as 42-45 points - the problem is I can’t see us getting even that meager amount unless we bring in half a new team, and they’ve all got to hit the ground running. Huge ask.

The next three games are Colchester (who are on a poor run), Cambridge and Yeovil. We should be aiming for at least 5 points from those games, but that looks completely pie-in-the-sky given our away form. Another worrying stat is that we have scored 1 goal in the last 4 games.

There is only one consolation at the moment - we’re not adrift, because there are 3 other rubbish sides around us.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Nope. They're useless and gutless. The thing is, Kewell was criticised for calling them out in public. But what was he supposed to do? Now we have a nice 'arm round the shoulder' manager, so hopefully they won't feel as bad about ruining our great club.
    His after match comments didnt give that impression.

20 games left, 10 wins needed to get to the magic 50. looking mighty scary now???
    We ain't got a prayer of getting 3 wins let alone 10.. unless hardy gives Ardley the cheque book and tells him to sweep the decks clean and go again... That ain't gonna happen

I don't think it will be that many this year which is lucky for us and really shows how desperate we are. The saving grace is only two go down and Cambridge are looking a bit fragile at the moment and are probably one contender for relegation.

There will also be another team that no doubt will be at the start of or about to go on a terrible loosing run.

As it stands Cambridge would survive on a measly 40 points. That is how bad Macclesfield and ourselves are.

I know we've lost today again, but Oldham are 10th. But what will keep us up is how we do against those around us which is why Macclesfield hurt a lot and rang huge alarm bells. We need to be taking points from Cambridge, Yeovil, Morcecombe, Crawley etc... when we play those.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 01-01-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Surely with the experience of Hart and Ardley we can pick up enough players in the transfer window to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

If Ardley's 'arm round the shoulder' method, was gonna improve player performances, it would have certainly had an impact by now. Trouble is, Janny Tranny is a top up rather than a squad building window. I am seriously beginning to think the worst. Unless we can see some rapid short term improvements, we're gonna run out of time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast