+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Weren't we also interested in Joe Lolley at one point? Wonder if there is a swap being mooted...

We've also been linked with James McCarthy and Victor Wanyama,

Can't see either coming off personally but who knows...
    Joe Lolley haunts me.

Five years ago he was playing for Littleton F.C. in the Midland Combination division one.....not even their top level.

He’d scored 88 in 83 games and my local team Stourbridge we’re interested but as usual our management dallied and he went to Kiddie.

Within 21 matches Huddersfield were paying £250k for him :-((

The lad is a class act.

We won’t sign him or McCarthy or Wanyama.....FFS....why would he come to us!!?

From what I’ve been told by a contractor who works there they won’t even buy a light bulb at the moment so I won’t be holding my breath for anything........

.......unless I feel the need to go on full pinch as a ‘lumpy’ Christmas fart is brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Joe Lolley haunts me.

Five years ago he was playing for Littleton F.C. in the Midland Combination division one.....not even their top level.

He’d scored 88 in 83 games and my local team Stourbridge we’re interested but as usual our management dallied and he went to Kiddie.

Within 21 matches Huddersfield were paying £250k for him :-((

The lad is a class act.

We won’t sign him or McCarthy or Wanyama.....FFS....why would he come to us!!?
    He is actually the one player we could sign if we used Burke as a makeweight.

He'd get paid more with us than at Forest and would have a better chance of promotion to the prem.

Interesting stats though..

Joe Lolley is a huge Villa fan and I believe he'd go there in a heart beat if offered the opportunity.

Jarrod Bowen of Hull City's a Viler too.

Here's hoping they can't afford either of them, let alone both of them and a decent centre half.

This time of year and type of thread always used to see dear old Baggie from Stafford bring out his tumbleweed clip.

Both are much missed.
    Not sure whether it's the exact same one but here you go Mick.......

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Not sure whether it's the exact same one but here you go Mick.......

It was a single tumbleweed 68......somehow more prophetic.

It was a single tumbleweed 68......somehow more prophetic.
    Just for you.........

I would sell any of our players for a decent price don't believe any are
    out standing & all could be replaced best playing for us at this time , are Gayle & Barnes & their not ours ,

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I'd swap Burke for an Ice lolly, he's that bad.

We were after McCarthy when we got Barry, so hopefully there is some truth to this on a short term loan, but only problem is he hasn't played much so how long would it take him to get ready to play.

I'd ask Southampton if the Harrison Reed loan at Blackburn is full season or not, I think he is the rate player and age for us.

I think Bowen at Hull is a great AMF, but will probably cost a lot.

If Barnes goes I'd consider Groski at Hull too

If Burke is worth an Ice Lolly - what's HRK and Bartley worth? They are all ****e! Can't see us buying anyone decent and will be lucky if we make the play offs! Not even sorry to see Livermore sitting the next four games out - proably did it on purpose so he can rest for the next four games. He must be so tired on 40/50K a week!!

Not a lot you can buy for a bag of marbles and a few bent washers is there?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)