+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    You do make a very valid point Bomber. If I had my way there wouldn't be loan deals. In other words, 'you pays your money and you takes your chance'. However, we do have the loan system and it needs to be used with caution. Barnes has been a great success but as you say, he isn't our player and could well be on his way back to Leicester. It's not just the loan system that is holding our youngsters back. Why pay wages to players that are free agents, for example Mears and Sako? They haven't exactly 'pulled up any trees' since joining us. Surely playing some of our youngsters would have been of greater benefit.
    Good points. Why pay good money to players like Mears who would struggle to get a contract with anyone else at this level. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me as players like this are free agents for a reason, nobody else wants them so good old Albion take a punt on them. Given our two best players are both loans, I can't see any happy ending whether we stay in this league or go up as no way will Lai fund the number of players we need to make even half a decent fist of things in the Prem (which I'm sure won't happen btw)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ney-Hause.html
    Big Dave to gazzump vile for the redundant dingle?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Yet another centre half just what we needed.

It's all clutching at straws really isn't it. How many of the names we'll get linked with would make a difference? Anyone that can will be off elsewhere for better wages or has 42 years of following us made me cynical in the extreme with our on-going lack of ambition?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Don’t put your Hause on it 53!

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    It's all clutching at straws really isn't it. How many of the names we'll get linked with would make a difference? Anyone that can will be off elsewhere for better wages or has 42 years of following us made me cynical in the extreme with our on-going lack of ambition?
    The McCarthy link is an interesting one. I think he'd be a quality player in the Championship and Graeme Jones has worked with him for Wigan and Everton.

So I would imagine that factor could put us in a good position...

Judging by what we bought in the summer. Johnstone, Bartley and Washington All three are ****e and over £10m wasted. I have no faith whatsoever in our recruitment team.
    Mccarthy was linked when we had Pulis so perhaps they don't have enough memory on their Commodore 64 for a bigger player database.
    Right back, centre mid. and striker is what we need desperately and a goalkeeper who can actually see the ball when it is outside the box. I really don't care who played in our goal before this clown it's irrelevant. Johnstone is not good enough.

Regarding Mc Carthy, why would we want to sign someone who hasn't played for a year? Ridiculous when we have the likes of Field, Harper etc who don't get a chance, not even from the bench! May as well have a couple of cardboard cutouts sat there, we are not building for the future with all these loans, already with relegation we are miles behind the likes of Watford, Burnley etc, as I said on a previous post Chairman Lai won't put his hand in his pocket for numerous players next season

The Egyptian international Amr Warda looks a useful recruit if reports are true from Greece

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    The Egyptian international Amr Warda looks a useful recruit if reports are true from Greece
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qap36EZYEZE
    Looks decent, both footed as any pro should be.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)