+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saints...an opportunity to experiment?

I'm a little disapointed tonight, was really looking forward to reading another one of DCFCARMY's running match commentaries as things unfolded and I come to his signature tumbleweed

Hard work watching that about as bad as it gets
    Roos 7
    Bogle 4
    Keogh6
    Tomori6
    Lowe4
    Bryson5
    Evans6
    Bird4
    Holmes 8
    Lawrence5
    Marriott 6
    Nugent 6

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I'm a little disapointed tonight, was really looking forward to reading another one of DCFCARMY's running match commentaries as things unfolded and I come to his signature tumbleweed
    You will be bemoaning the lack of R4J stupidity next

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Hard work watching that about as bad as it gets
    Roos 7
    Bogle 4
    Keogh6
    Tomori6
    Lowe4
    Bryson5
    Evans6
    Bird4
    Holmes 8
    Lawrence5
    Marriott 6
    Nugent 6
    At least Roos has proved that an injury to Carson is not likely to be terminal to our ambitions and Holmes must have given FL something to think about...great talent who seems well able to step up a level.
    Missed opportunity to rest Bogle imo.

RA Yes Bogle had a mare as did Lowe But I've seen Redmond take a lot of our full backs to the cleaners when he was at Brum. He is a class act Really struggling at fullback Think Holmes will start at Leeds because it looks like Wilson won't make it Good job Lawrence scored because he was dire again If we don't get some players in quick i can see us sliding down the table rapidly

Teams are doing their homework on us and stopping us playing.
    I still think Tomori and Keogh can't play together and with the full backs having a stinker I think a draw was a good result for us, although we had a great chance to snatch it at the end!

Hang on chaps...it’s not all doom and gloom. Our last three results have seen us win at the home of the second placed team, draw at home to one of the Championship’s front runners and come back from 0-2 down to draw, and very nearly beat, a decent and resurgent Premiership side.
    Just as 8,000 or so fans showed less interest than normal in attending, it must have been difficult for the players to be fully committed knowing how much more important next Friday night’s match is.
    Yes there were some poor performances yesterday, yes a couple of the recent departures are a bit perplexing and yes we need some ’new blood’ - including some much needed leadership - but we’re not doing badly and are as well placed now as most would have hoped at the beginning of the season.

We didn't look like we were at the races in the first half and that was down to Soton. As soon as the back 4 got the ball, their front 3 were all over them like a rash. Their MF stayed close to ours so Keogh et al had nowhere to go. We were put off our stride andtheir early 1st was a decent strike by Redmond that was going in and keogh stretched to get at it and we all know how that ended up. We struggled to get into the game and it wasn't looking good and I was glad half time arrived without us conceding again.

2nd half they scored even quicker than they had in the first. That would, for most teams, have been that. However, we know that this lot often only start to perform when 2 down. Lamps made a tactical swicth and we went 1-4-4-2 with Nuge coming on to replace Max Bird. Cue Derby to take the initiative. Two very good goals on 58 and 61 minutes made the tie very interesting indeed. Both sides had chances to get the winner. Them an 82nd minute close range header that went straight at Roos and then that last second Marriott effort that went over.

Strange to note that JM isn't getting the flak that Nuge got for his late miss against Boro........

The ref was slightly north of poor and he let Soton get away with a lot. I hope we get fairer treatment from whoever refs the replay.

Over the 90 a draw was the right result IMO.

Roos 6 no chance with either goal and did well

Bogle 6 grew into the game, as did everybody else. In attack you can see that he started out life as a winger.

Keogh 6 Not at fault for the goal and did well defensively but not at his best going forward

Tomori 7 His best game in half a dozen

Lowe 6 Average 1st half adjusting back to English football and permanently pressed by Soton. Still needs to learn not to commit too early

Bryson 6 did what he does and helped stop them creating

Evans 6 Adequate without excelling

Holmes 8 always looking to create something leaving the opposition in his wake

Marriott 7 always looking to create room for himself and others. Took the goal well

Lawrence 7 Great assist. Great goal. The injury forced rest seems to have helped him

Play like we did 2nd half from the start in the replay and we have a very good chance of progressing to round 4.

So that's "nil points" for the Birdman then?

MA we did well with 10 in I know Bird was practically invisible but he needed some sort of score

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)