+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints...an opportunity to experiment?

Saints...an opportunity to experiment?

Okay...I want us to win but, for both us and Southampton this weekend’s match is insignificant in terms of our major respective aims of promotion and avoiding relegation.
    So, why not try something new...a back three of Wisdom, Keogh and Tomari with Bogle and Lowe playing as forward pushing wide men in a four man midfield?
    Bogle and Lowe both look to have more in the way of attacking than defending strengths and this formation would also allow Wisdom, the last Derby player I would want to be tackled by, to play in his natural right sided position.
    So my side against Southampton.
    Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Tomari; Bogle, Evans, Mount, Lowe; Lawrence or Wilson; Marriott, Waghorn played in a 3-4-1-2 formation.
    Only player who could consider themselves unlucky to be left out would be Holmes who, imo, made a difference when he came on yesterday.
    Thoughts?

Nope, not for me RA. Nothing to disagree with in tactical terms, but I'd rather any experimentation was left on the training ground. Saints have some new vigour with their new manager, and my Father-in-Law is a Saints fan, so I can't cope with a thrashing.

Go in with our best side and regular formation, try and win the game, rest players at the end of the game if anyone needs protecting. There's no pressure on the game for us, we should be able to play with freedom and hopefully get a bit of confidence.

If (big if) there is any transfer movement in Jan, then we need our players to be in some sort of routine position, otherwise it'll be another 3 months of "gelling".

Lawrence still injured and Wilson has to be a doubt as well. Otherwise not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Lawrence still injured and Wilson has to be a doubt as well. Otherwise not a bad idea.
    If that’s the case...try Bryson, FloJo or Holmes there.
    At the moment we concede too many and don’t score enough...short of new signings we need to change something...imo.
    We’re too close to not go for it.

Definitely a throwaway this one We don't have a prayer if they put a half decent side out They have power pace skill will beat us easy Having said that this is the time to protect our important players ie Marriott JoLo Mount Wilson, Much more important game at Leeds I usually want to see us play our best team But not in this occasion Anyway I've only had to pay £12-50p for a ticket Think it was Eddy who suggested giving Sibley a start good call he's only a small lad but he's very good great at running at defenders clever decent finisher and absolutely fearless would love to see him given a chance
    Last edited by mistaram; 02-01-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Definitely a throwaway this one We don't have a prayer if they put a half decent side out They have power pace skill will beat us easy Having said that this is the time to protect our important players ie Marriott JoLo Mount Wilson, Much more important game at Leeds I usually want to see us play our best team But not in this occasion Anyway I've only had to pay £12-50p for a ticket Think it was Eddy who suggested giving Sibley a start good call he's only a small lad but he's very good great at running at defenders clever decent finisher and absolutely fearless would love to see him given a chance
    Seen Sibley in the U23s and he is up to it IMO.

Most thought we didn’t ‘have a prayer’ at Old Trafford back in September and look what happened. I do agree that the Leeds match is ‘much more important’ though.
    Never seen Sibley, but from what you and others (and Wolves!) have said it seems a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Most thought we didn’t ‘have a prayer’ at Old Trafford back in September and look what happened. I do agree that the Leeds match is ‘much more important’ though.
    Never seen Sibley, but from what you and others (and Wolves!) have said it seems a good shout.
    They have just drawn 0-0 with Chelsea.........

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Seen Sibley in the U23s and he is up to it IMO.
    MA yes I've seen quite a bit of him Really rate him highly love his attitude frightened of No body Really think he's one that will make it I know U23s isn't like league football and few actually make it but like Bogle I think this lad along with Callum McDonald will be the exceptions

MA yes I've seen quite a bit of him Really rate him highly love his attitude frightened of No body Really think he's one that will make it I know U23s isn't like league football and few actually make it but like Bogle I think this lad along with Callum McDonald will be the exceptions
    Absolutely agree. McD's injury has come at the wrong time for him or he might have been getting some 1st team miutes under his belt. Max Bird is also right on the cusp of the 1st team. Bogle is there. Lowe is back and in the matchday squad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)