+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bravery, stupidity or naievity?

Bravery, stupidity or naievity?

Still feel gutted and raw over yesterday's defeat, thought from the hull/forest games we would be 4 points better off, considering all below us ( with the exception of fat boy Sharp's lot ) dropped points as well, we should have a 6 point gap ( which would allow us a little cushion for a defeat ) we failed to take advantage and that's a bitter one. Considering at forest we were our own worst enemy, the woeful back pass from forshaw ( which I feel bpf could have been quicker off his line for ) and Phillips awful rash lunge it was miraculous suddenly we were 2-1 up. At this point surely, surely bielsa should have shut up shop and took alioski ( who had played his part ) or Hernandez off and brought Shackleton/halme on, and reverted to a back four, with another defensive four across the middle and kept what we had, even if it turned out to be a draw. Instead we carried on with 3 at the back, still attacking with 6 going for the third goal hoping to kill forest off. I know bielsa isn't stupid and he's to old and seen to much to be naieve, so that only leaves bravery, which I applaud him for.....but hell, it's frustrating, annoying and heartbreaking when bravery leaves you empty handed with nothing to show for it.

didnt want to invite pressure, and attacking is what put us 2-1 up with 10 men, thought it was fantastic the way we kept attacking, great to see.Sure, we lost, but you cant win em all, but we are more exciting to watch than we have been for 20 years, so its a thumbs up from me.

Perhaps Bielsa should tell his defenders to stop making rash tackles so you can play with eleven men.. That would help quite a bit..

Bielsa's way Live by the sword, die by the sword. I agree about yesterday's game. At 2:1 Should have put Shackleton on, shored up Defence, even get Halme on and hold on for the win. Instead, before he could get shacks on we conceded and then had to chase game henceforth bringing on Roberts. Fortunately, Jan league fixtures may be kind in so far as. After we play Derby, Brom and Norwich play each other, so still, top. We have Stoke and Rotherham after that. Norwich has Brum and Blades (not easy) Brom have Bolton and QPR. Of course, Blades/Boro/Derby could be sniffing about by then too. Phillips is a big loss, so we'll have to ride out his 3 games, he was a loss anyway having to play in the position he has had to recently.

He plays to win using attacking football.

Hate we lost but it's easy to watch.

watching a season or two of Big Sam or Pulis coaching makes you appreiate.

Couldn't stand a Tony pulis season, I realise live by the sword etc etc, said it before many times, teams raise their game for us and seem to play at their best against us, forest were awful in their previous game against Millwall, for us, they just a gut.

I'd have taken 2 boring wins over Hull and Forrest tho.
    Other teams can shore up and park the bus, why to we have to be gung ho all the time.
    Bielsa can't be stupid but he's certainly a stubborn so and so.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)