+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neal Ardley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Neal Ardley

Having seen for myself the effort shown by the players against Bury, and then reading NA's comments regarding the lack of effort and desire shown away to Oldham, I can only have the greatest sympathy for our new manager. He comes across as somebody the players should walk through walls for, and yet, he is repaid by another abject performance away to Oldham.
    There is something radically wrong at Meadow Lane and unless quality players for division two can be encouraged to join the fight for survival, then I fear that relegation is becoming a certainty. I do believe the management at the top do care and they must now take very difficult decisions during January to give Notts a fighting chance of retaining our football league status. We really are in the "last chance saloon."

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Having seen for myself the effort shown by the players against Bury, and then reading NA's comments regarding the lack of effort and desire shown away to Oldham, I can only have the greatest sympathy for our new manager. He comes across as somebody the players should walk through walls for, and yet, he is repaid by another abject performance away to Oldham.
    There is something radically wrong at Meadow Lane and unless quality players for division two can be encouraged to join the fight for survival, then I fear that relegation is becoming a certainty. I do believe the management at the top do care and they must now take very difficult decisions during January to give Notts a fighting chance of retaining our football league status. We really are in the "last chance saloon."
    I feel sorry for Neil Ardley. Landed with a load of ****e players with no bollox and by the sounds of his last interview there still didn't look to be any strategy to bring in new players, he seemed lost to me.

Yeah, but it's the same with every manager we bring in. They see it as a good opportunity - Notts are under-performing, and all it will take it the right man through the door. We've spent a load of money, and surely there's a decent team in there somewhere. But then after about 3 or 4 games it dawns on them just how ****ed up the situation is. Just how impossible the task is. Now he's left with a bunch of players who cannot raise their game, regardless of who is in charge. So he will have to go through that same walk over to clap the fans after another defeat, again and again, and there's very little he can do about it. This current bunch of players has hijacked the future of our great club, and they're taking us down.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    This current bunch of players has hijacked the future of our great club, and they're taking us down.
    They have, so I'm surprised we haven't heard of any departures yet. Surely all the loanees should be going home even if the others are harder to get rid of. Having said that, there's no-one there to sack them

The club is closed today but will return to normal operating hours tomorrow.

Never mind, Scoop is still at work.

Neal Ardley admits Notts County need to sign players with experience and athleticism as he looks to guide the club out of relegation danger.

Why does he 'admit' this? It's nothing to be ashamed of.

“But at the moment we are scratching around and it’s tough. We need a few in and I don’t know what we can and can’t do.

Bloody marvellous, eh? Hardy is going to cock another transfer window up, by the looks of it.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...player-2381931
    Last edited by Bohinen; 02-01-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    They have, so I'm surprised we haven't heard of any departures yet. Surely all the loanees should be going home even if the others are harder to get rid of.

Having said that, there's no-one there to sack them

Neal Ardley admits Notts County need to sign players with experience and athleticism as he looks to guide the club out of relegation danger.

“But at the moment we are scratching around and it’s tough. We need a few in and I don’t know what we can and can’t do.

Bloody marvellous, eh? hardy is going to cock another transfer window up, by the looks of it.

Although the club may be closed, I hope and pray that the powers that be are working tirelessly behind the scenes. I do agree that no news regarding departees is surprising!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    They have, so I'm surprised we haven't heard of any departures yet. Surely all the loanees should be going home even if the others are harder to get rid of. Having said that, there's no-one there to sack them

Bloody marvellous, eh? Hardy is going to cock another transfer window up, by the looks of it.

Ardley explained the other day re loanees that he is prioritising getting players in first, and only then sending the surplus ones back. The message was - we’d like to get better loanees in, but until we do we can’t ditch the rubbish ones because we still might need them, god help us all.

There is no denying that the management care and I really do feel for the likes of Neal Ardley and Coxy.

Maybe we are now reaping what we have sown. Over the course of this decade (and I'm repeating myself now) we have seen over 211 players, 8 managers and 2 chairman through the door. It's left us with a club that has no footballing identity. A lost ship in the stormy sea of league football being battered by wave after wave of attack from the harsh waters.

How many players between 2010/11 Season and 2018/19 Season that were not part of the Munto season will be remembered or revered by the fans in the future? 5-10% at most?

It must be staggering the amount of money that has been wasted as well on contracts, wages and salaries not to mention paying up managers contracts in this time.

We should be a club where we choose the manager and players that fit with what club we want to be. Instead we've changed direction that many times to suit different types of managers who want different types of players and play different styles we are lost and heading for an almighty Iceberg.

There is still time though for us to be masters of our own destiny and alter that course but we are going to have to throw some players overboard as the ship is sinking under the weight of all the players it's already carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    How many players between 2010/11 Season and 2018/19 Season that were not part of the Munto season will be remembered or revered by the fans in the future? 5-10% at most?
    Alan Judge, Bartosz Bialkowski, Alan Sheehan, Shola Ameobi and maybe Gary Liddle for playing ability and for comedy purposes Njogu Demba-Nyren and Balint Bajner, the rest are completely forgettable nobodies imo, there's probably quite a lot of players that will have to be remembered and brought up when we discuss our worst players though.

As for feeling sorry for people, at least Ardley is going to get a transfer window, Kewell got well and truly shafted by taking over this bunch of mercenaries, getting what he could out of them and then being shown the door on the back of two draws...

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    There is no denying that the management care and I really do feel for the likes of Neal Ardley and Coxy.

Maybe we are now reaping what we have sown. Over the course of this decade (and I'm repeating myself now) we have seen over 211 players, 8 managers and 2 chairman through the door. It's left us with a club that has no footballing identity. A lost ship in the stormy sea of league football being battered by wave after wave of attack from the harsh waters.
    So true. The amount of times we've let a manager bring a whole raft of players in, sacked him after a few months, then brought in another manager with a completely different ethos is ridiculous. Under Trew, we went from Derry, a tactical simpleton and no-nonsense man manager, to Moniz, a complete maverick who tried to play total football and all-out attack, to Fullarton, who seemed to set the team up to scrape 0-0 draws at home, in less than a year. It beggars belief.

Under Hardy, we managed to rip apart a winning and formula and try to reinvent ourselves as a lower-league Barcelona, then appointed an arrogant and egotistical manager in Kewell, then sacked him for being arrogant and egotistical (despite him being the only one to get results this season), then appointed Mr Nice Guy. The result: we're bottom of the league.

We've been criminally poorly run for the whole of this millennium, but the last nine years have been beyond belief. Just think where we could be by now if we'd just got the right manager in after the Munto season and stuck with him.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 02-01-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    So true. The amount of times we've let a manager bring a whole raft of players in, sacked him after a few months, then brought in another manager with a completely different ethos is ridiculous. Under Trew, we went from Derry, a tactical simpleton and no-nonsense man manager, to Moniz, a complete maverick who tried to play total football and all-out attack, to Fullarton, who seemed to set the team up to scrape 0-0 draws at home, in less than a year. It beggars belief.

Under Hardy, we managed to rip apart a winning and formula and try to reinvent ourselves as a lower-league Barcelona, then appointed an arrogant and egotistical manager in Kewell, then sacked him for being arrogant and egotistical (despite him being the only one to get results this season), then appointed Mr Nice Guy. The result: we're bottom of the league.

We've been criminally poorly run for the whole of this millennium, but the last nine years have been beyond belief. Just think where we could be by now if we'd just got the right manager in after the Munto season and stuck with him.
    There's a lot of truth in what you say, slack_pie.

Clearly, some of the managers we've appointed haven't been good enough and we had to sack them because we were staring relegation in the face, but we've sacked other managers when we haven't really been under pressure to do so. In the case of Craig Short, Keith Curle, Martin Allen and Ricardo Moniz we may have been under-performing against stated expectations at the start of the season, but we weren't in a panic stations situation where immediate action was imperative. We could have given them more time and prioritised stability.

I say this as someone who supported the dismissals of Short and Curle at the time, but on reflection the constant chopping and changing clearly hasn't benefited the club.

I said on another thread a few weeks ago that if there was one manager I wish had been given the time to really implement his philosophy, it would be Ricardo Moniz. Yes it was maverick and reckless and we were getting battered away from home, but we also put in some very attractive performances and we were getting enough results to stay clear of real trouble. He also had the massive disadvantage of having to work with someone he obviously didn't trust in Guy Branston, which led to a confused recruitment policy and a team that by Moniz's own admission lacked "character structure". It might have taken quite a while, but it would have been fascinating to see what Moniz could have produced over a long period of time, given the control and backing. His current team AS Trencin absolutely slaughtered Feyenoord in Europa Cup Qualifying earlier this season!
    Last edited by jackal2; 02-01-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast