+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neal Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Whatever happens this season we must retain Ardley.
    Neal Ardley hasn't got much going in his favour right now, but as per the discussions earlier in this thread, perhaps it is dawning on the club and the fans collectively that changing the manager over and over again is the road to nowhere. Maybe Ardley has arrived at a moment when supporters are finally disowning the culture of calling for the manager's head after a few defeats.

I agree it does help that the current manager comes over as a thoroughly sincere guy who the fans can relate to and want to see succeed, and of course he also has a promotion on his CV achieved at a club with few resources, so any arguments that he doesn't know what he's doing simply don't stand up to the known facts.
    Last edited by jackal2; 02-01-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Neal Ardley hasn't got much going in his favour right now, but as per the discussions earlier in this thread, perhaps it is dawning on the club and the fans collectively that changing the manager over and over again is the road to nowhere. Maybe Ardley has arrived at a moment when supporters are finally disowning the culture of calling for the manager's head after a few defeats.

I agree it does help that the current manager comes over as a thoroughly sincere guy who the fans can relate to and want to see succeed, and of course he also has a promotion on his CV achieved at a club with few resources, so any arguments that he doesn't know what he's doing simply don't stand up to the known facts.

Neal Ardley certainly comes across well as a fan appeaser in his interviews. I have yet to see one single thing other than giving Pearce Bird a go that leads me to believe he is going to do anything to improve Notts. Of course the January transfer window will be telling. If he came across as a bit of a twonk in his interviews and the results were the same I am entirely confident that plenty of fans would be calling for his head already. Football fans frequently judge the manager on the style of interview they give. Quite frankly he can come across as a complete arse hole but we are picking up the points great. Kewell came across as a complete arse hole but he got more points than any other manager on a per game basis this season yet Hardy sacked him. People are bang on when they say something isn't right at Notts. Its because Notts is all about egos. And we all know who has the biggest one!

I can see Ardley walking away from this sorrowful club of ours if Hardy doesn't back him, and who can blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

Managers and coaches can give players instructions, work on tactics and give the players what the tools they need to stand the best chance of winning a football match, but there is only so much they can do. Likewise fans can cheer and support and get behind their team, but there is only so far they can go. In the end we all know it's down to those who cross the white line who can influence and affect the outcome of the game.

It's the 2nd day of January and we have had three managers and an interim manager this season already. I'm hoping that at long last we have banished this club culture of sacking managers at the first sign of trouble. Whatever happens now Neal Ardley needs to be at the club come the end of the season and the season after.

It's going to take four transfer windows including this one to change the majority of the current playing staff unless contracts are terminated early. Only by then will the manager pretty much have his own squad. So by the start of 20/21 season which ironically will be the start of the next decade.

Also the 19/20 season will be ten years since Munto and look at how much money has been spent in that time to end up ten years later being in a position where we could end up going out of the football league. If all that money had been given to Cotteril or spent wisely when it comes to player recruitment and kept the momentum going forward who knows where we would be now. Probably no worse position.

It's ironic that the only stability we've had at Notts on the field in this decade has been instability.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 02-01-2019 at 10:37 PM.

I wouldn’t worry.. relegation will see player power in full light with most of the inept sacks of sheite invoking some clause or other to escape the shame of plying their trade in the Conference.

Cnuts

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Its because Notts is all about egos. And we all know who has the biggest one!
    You have to make allowances though and he is a decent centre half for this level even if he does look like he'd rather be playing tiddlywinks much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    It's ironic that the only stability we've had at Notts on the field in this decade has been instability.
    My good friend Heraclitus of Ephesus made a very similar observation a good while back but I don't think it was about Notts.

Ardley did say this squad of players are better than the ones he inherited at Wimbledon. But having 9 of the squad injured doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Ardley did say this squad of players are better than the ones he inherited at Wimbledon. But having 9 of the squad injured doesn't help.
    Individual skills maybe but the squad is so unbalanced it's silly. Saying that, one or two players is all we need in my opinion. We need a battling midfielder, a goalkeeper and I'd also like to see full back cover come in but I think with two signings, we'd be ok

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    My good friend Heraclitus of Ephesus made a very similar observation a good while back but I don't think it was about Notts.

Wasn't it something about us being in danger of us saying Solon to our status in the Football League ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast