+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shakesperian.

Shakesperian.

Shakespeare wrotted a lot of tragedies, and comedies. Sometimes both. If he wuz alive today he might have wroted about Notts County as disasters as big as this dont happen too oft. He might have called it "And then they dyd with Pique" or " The Forest have one less Tree."

There is a salve, Cambridge are no better, maybe worse. There was a bottle of Jack Daniels on the pitch v MK, and the players took turns during the game. I am sure you are all having a nervous breakdown in slow motion, especially if we beat the trap door, and you dont.
    That would be grand entertainment, like watching Romeo and Juliet die, while i slap my thigh and giggle while shouting" watta mistaka to maka".
    Radio BBC C ambs have conversed with radio Notts, and apparently your club are having innumerable emergency board meetings. Dont panic.
    This is how it went recently. Hardy, "I will stick a pigs leg up your ---- until your back teeth rattle. Ardley " I hope your piles hang like a bunch of grapes". Hardy..." I am going to dig up the bones of your father by moonlight, and make soup". Ardley "You crawling and disgusting parasite, you base scoundrel, you pander to unnatural passions".

Cant argue with that, he bought County. Rog.

These are the sort of boardroom scoops Leigh Curtis should be getting!

Ayup Frank,did you have a good Christmas?

Once more in our breeches dear friends, once more.
    Or close up the wall with our magpie deadbeats.

That's far more like us, or even as you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Shakespeare wrotted a lot of tragedies, and comedies. Sometimes both. If he wuz alive today he might have wroted about Notts County as disasters as big as this dont happen too oft. He might have called it "And then they dyd with Pique" or " The Forest have one less Tree."

There is a salve, Cambridge are no better, maybe worse. There was a bottle of Jack Daniels on the pitch v MK, and the players took turns during the game. I am sure you are all having a nervous breakdown in slow motion, especially if we beat the trap door, and you dont.
    That would be grand entertainment, like watching Romeo and Juliet die, while i slap my thigh and giggle while shouting" watta mistaka to maka".
    Radio BBC C ambs have conversed with radio Notts, and apparently your club are having innumerable emergency board meetings. Dont panic.
    This is how it went recently. Hardy, "I will stick a pigs leg up your ---- until your back teeth rattle. Ardley " I hope your piles hang like a bunch of grapes". Hardy..." I am going to dig up the bones of your father by moonlight, and make soup". Ardley "You crawling and disgusting parasite, you base scoundrel, you pander to unnatural passions".

Cant argue with that, he bought County. Rog.

As Shakespeare once famously quoted about the advancing Cambridge hoards.....Gerrit up ya duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Shakespeare wrotted a lot of tragedies, and comedies.
    Seriously, Shakespeare wrotted comedies???? As a schoolkid I had to watch or read some of his plays and it was even more painful than watching Notts County 0-4 Yeovil Town, so I'm talking serious pain. Think really dull, then think much duller than that. Coming from Cambridge you are obviously well educated, so tell us a few of his best jokes. We need cheering up.

Perhaps the most apposite Shakespeare quote for Psaw is 'I would challenge you to a battle of wits but I see you are unarmed'.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Perhaps the most apposite Shakespeare quote for Psaw is 'I would challenge you to a battle of wits but I see you are unarmed'.
    If only it was indeed a Shakespeare quote

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    If only it was indeed a Shakespeare quote
    Seeing as our mate Roger hasn't replied, here's a genuine bit of Shakespearian comedy gold from Twelfth Night: Act 1, Scene 3, where the discussion centres on Sir Andrews hairstyle:

SIR ANDREW
    But it becomes me well enough, does ’t not?
    SIR TOBY BELCH
    Excellent; it hangs like flax on a distaff; and I hope to see a housewife take thee between her legs and spin it off.

From Carry On films to The Inbetweeners, Will's influence is there for all to see.

Be not be afraid of ****ness: some are born ****, some achieve ****ness, and others have ****ness thrust upon them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast