+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bids rejected for Thiam

Totally agree! Season ticket sales need to drop enough for these greedy barstewards to take any notice! I know it’s against the grain and we only want what is best for our club, but we are being taken for mugs and I really have had enough.
    It’s only early January so they have time to sign replacements but they should not have sold Potts anyway...end of.
    If they do sign someone who fits in quickly and we do get promoted they will sell him as soon as someone comes in with a decent offer, If we had Millions in the bank the greedy sods would still rip the team apart for profit, it makes no sense to any supporter, however the owners have just shared a possible 1 to 1.5 million bonus.
    Keep buying those tickets though eh.....
    Our town, our club, our team......THEIR PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Totally agree! Season ticket sales need to drop enough for these greedy barstewards to take any notice! I know it’s against the grain and we only want what is best for our club, but we are being taken for mugs and I really have had enough.
    It’s only early January so they have time to sign replacements but they should not have sold Potts anyway...end of.
    If they do sign someone who fits in quickly and we do get promoted they will sell him as soon as someone comes in with a decent offer, If we had Millions in the bank the greedy sods would still rip the team apart for profit, it makes no sense to any supporter, however the owners have just shared a possible 1 to 1.5 million bonus.
    Keep buying those tickets though eh.....
    Our town, our club, our team......THEIR PROFIT
    Keeping away from Oakwell isn't actually the way to deal with it in my opinion .

If these owners are actually here to profit personally from the sale of players to the detriment of the team out on the field then it needs addressing in a different way .

They need to be answerable to the fans and I'm not talking about the nodding donkeys at Fans Forum nights either .

An Independent Supporters Presure Group needs to be formed and you take them on full on .

Why should we let these people drive us away from our local club ?

No , you take them on and make them accountable by peaceful protest and getting the media behind you , these people do not like bad publicity .

We are a fair way from that scenario yet but none the less it's something to consider .

If there was a release clause in Potts contract ..... what can they do ?

Signed before the new owners were here after Hecky had his hissy fit and I think GG had been here a week or so or something like that

Either or for me mate, hit them in the pocket or a pressure group if it gets bad enough something will give.
    I put a post on here at the end of last season and I stand by it now even though I hoped I would be proved wrong.
    I said they appointed Morais because they didn’t want us to stay up, by being relegated it meant we would be a big fish in League One and that meant that would challenge for promotion with bargain basement players that were better than most of the players in teams competing around us. However being up near the top of the league highlights certain players to clubs above us who will give them a profit on what they have paid out (Potts).
    It simply doesn’t work in the Championship they would have to shell out millions to get players capable of being bought by Premier League or big Championship teams and they don’t want to do that because the profit margin isn’t big enough for them.
    They see us in League One making them money, if we get promoted they will not invest and we will come straight back down where they want us!
    IF there was a release clause ESR....IF....nobody knows because they don’t ever give us the real facts or how much we even got?
    Last edited by perkytyke; 04-01-2019 at 11:06 PM.

I think for the good of the club the fans need to pull together. I'm willing to stop being a pacifist and stick my head on the block and join a commitee. Enoughs, enough there comes a point where you need to make a stand.

I think you are right Steve and I’ll join with you, but it’s too early yet! Let us see what happens with the rest of January and if necessary at the end of the season something can be put together?
    The owners of OUR club need to know that there is a body of supporters around that will not stand for us being used and abused for their pure financial gain.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I think you are right Steve and I’ll join with you, but it’s too early yet! Let us see what happens with the rest of January and if necessary at the end of the season something can be put together?
    The owners of OUR club need to know that there is a body of supporters around that will not stand for us being used and abused for their pure financial gain.
    I'm happy to get involved but lets see how the season goes before we start this thing .

Cheers Animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Cheers Animal.
    Working on some ideas steve at this stage but I'll happilly share them with the board should this thing prove to have some meat on the bones .

One thing I will say is that this thing needs to be totally credible , professional with some real issues to get behind .

Throwing tennis balls on to the field of play isn't credible .

Image is everything with this kind of thing .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm happy to get involved but lets see how the season goes before we start this thing .
    This is all getting a bit worrying again lads, and sadly it's all too familiar for us now isn't it.. every single January!.

When they made these big 'Bosman' based changes to the old transfer market, I feared it would hinder us lower league clubs, and it definitely has.
    Although choosing to be a selling club like we do is a different matter, and surely we dont have to do it now with such wealthy owners!.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast