+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter to Ashley

Letter to Ashley

Everyone's thoughts on it.Personally I think it's a waste of time.I genuinely believe now the only action is to boycott games.We need to stop feeding the cancer that is killing the club.
    Hard for some,I understand the loyalty angles but surely the love of the club and doing something to make the club our club again outweighs those thoughts.

I think it's doing exactly what its purpose is, though. it's nothing to do with appealing to Ashley, imo, it's about putting our plight out there in another format, showing people our side, getting folk talking, building pressure.

There have been numerous different attempts not least the Parliamentary route & protests (one of which leading to the 2 fingered gesture). I take Zip's point but now feel that the greatest impact will be the ultimate sacrifice - a televised half full stadium or indeed as a secondary resort a televised vocal sit in .One things for sure - time is of the essence.

We’re going to force the rat out of the pipe. Things need to start ramping up over the next few weeks. We’ll not see the fat Cnut at SJP for the rest of the season as his ar2e will drop but he’ll be there for the relegation party down at Fulham in the May sunshine if he doesn’t either live by his word for once and sell or pay for some new players out of the £120m prem money from last year and the £20m profit from the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I think it's doing exactly what its purpose is, though. it's nothing to do with appealing to Ashley, imo, it's about putting our plight out there in another format, showing people our side, getting folk talking, building pressure.
    Building pressure for what? On whom ? .. If the 53000 going each week , paying into this fiasco can't be arsed to miss a few games , then it's a bit rich to promote our "plight" expecting understanding from other fans / media/ whoever.
    The unpleasant fact is that the 53000 are giving this credibility , and tipping millions into his pockets at the same time ... And are prepared to do absolutely nothing about it ,

It's time to end the facade of protests etc .. Standing outside Sports Direct chanting Ashley out, then turning up to the game .. Really??
    1 cockney barrow boy is exposing 53000 Geordies as spineless sheep .
    It's a sham and everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Building pressure for what? On whom ? .. If the 53000 going each week , paying into this fiasco can't be arsed to miss a few games , then it's a bit rich to promote our "plight" expecting understanding from other fans / media/ whoever.
    The unpleasant fact is that the 53000 are giving this credibility , and tipping millions into his pockets at the same time ... And are prepared to do absolutely nothing about it ,

It's time to end the facade of protests etc .. Standing outside Sports Direct chanting Ashley out, then turning up to the game .. Really??
    1 cockney barrow boy is exposing 53000 Geordies as spineless sheep .
    It's a sham and everyone knows it.
    ^^^^^^^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    This was not aimed at Ashley it was aimed at the media.
    Sky sports should feel angry that he lied to them as well as us..

If this systematic neglect of our club had happened to one of the media darlings
    E.G. manure the t.v. And papers would be full of it disparaging the fat lying parasite!

We need the press on our side for once.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post

If this systematic neglect of our club had happened to one of the media darlings
    E.G. manure the t.v. And papers would be full of it disparaging the fat lying parasite!

I'm of the opinion that all along for years the majority of the press have been too easy on Ashley.

I'm sure there are dozens of shady deals he's been involved in could be revealed and plenty of muck exposed. They could go to town (within the law) and at least boost circulations in the North East.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post

What if the press agree and advise a boycott ?

Can we get the press on side when 52000 turn up every other week though.Wouldnt that give the opinion of "it can't be that bad if they keep turning up".
    Surely if the fans stop going it would gather more support from media outlets.We are known as selling out no matter what so empty seats would send out a powerful message.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)