+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton registration embargo

Don’t know how true it his is , if true then something has to be done.
    Playing players on loan and not paying them is an offence surely, slave labour?

Crisis club Bolton Wanderers owe Norwich City a 'sizeable' six-figure sum after failing to pay the wages of loan players Yanic Wildschut and Remi Matthews

According to the Forest Green chairman Bolton have not paid a penny of Doidges wages since he went Forest Green have been paying it hence his recall at the weekend it’s ironic his only goal was their equaliser against us and didn’t O Neill get the winner in the return fixture Boxing Day? Allegedly Brum have a possible 15 points deduction coming up how do these clubs get away with it if little old RUFC signed a striker on loan and didn’t pay him we’d be hit with a points deduction without a second thought

Always the fans that suffer in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Inevitably. Eventually the EFL will have to make a stand

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Yes most likely ours at the end of the season if we finish 3rd bottom and Bolton finish 4th bottom after their ineligible /illegal signings help them stay up at our expense. Then they get another bite at the money apple of the championship and most likely do it the same way as they know they get away with it.

Bolton owner

#FGR chairman Dale Vince: “He said to me you can seek a winding up petition and you can bankrupt the club, I don’t care, I’m a secured lender I’ll get my money back”

Lost for words. #AndersonOUT

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Bolton owner

#FGR chairman Dale Vince: “He said to me you can seek a winding up petition and you can bankrupt the club, I don’t care, I’m a secured lender I’ll get my money back”

Jesus, if true what a nice person he is.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Bolton owner

Must be a Bolton thing, the old Chairman, Garside?, he wanted to ringfence the Premiership but got voted down. Talk about snouts in troughs?

If you sign a contract to employ someone and don’t pay don’t you go to prison?

This story is absolutely disgusting in my eyes. Bolton are a club that graced (maybe not so graceful) the PL summit for a long time and now have fallen victims to clowns running their club, in no uncertain terms.

The EFL should take a long hard look at themselves and ask how diligently the ‘fit and proper’ owners test was carried out and the people involved in that should be sacked, put simply.

With regards to Bolton, they’ve gained an advantage in playing those players despite not paying them, so for me that warrants a points deduction in itself, let alone the financial mishandling of the club.

Sounds like the chairman’s ready to run them into the ground and the EFL need to stand firm and actually take action. It’s beyond a joke now, and I know if I hadn’t been paid for 4 months I’d have walked from my job, so good on them for trying to stay professional.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast