+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Mannies first XI

That's the one

In-teresting to pick a Scotland team
    Incomparable - Rougvie, Bremner and MacKay; Indefatigable - McInally and Jordan; Indefensible - Forsyth and Ferguson (D); Insufferable - P*nis
    Belated cap for SAF, to silence any defender still able to move a jaw after 80 minutes

Cruickshank
    Forsyth Woodburn Holton Rougvie
    Bremner Souness MacKay
    McInally Jordan Ferguson (Duncan - late subsitute. Sir A "elbows")
    Last edited by rustlinsweetiepapers; 04-01-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Is this just Old Mannies Proper XI?

In my case, unquestionably yes though I tipped my hat to modernism with a 4-3-3 for which Dave MacKay would probably kick me over the stand.

There probably comes a point in everyone's footballing life where anyone playing after a certain date is just seen as a *****. Compare and contrast my grandfather, who played for St Johnstone, telling me that in his time any opposition player stepping out of line was dragged off the pitch to have his head submerged in a water trough which stood behind the goal line. More effective than the current disciplinary review process, I suggest.

Cruikshank was a total gent by all accounts. What criteria are you looking for here?

In my time watching the game, I’ve only seen two genuine nutjobs. Gary Patterson of Montrose & Steve ‘Spider’ Ramsay of Alloa. The first got sent off at Boghead & tried to square go the players, fans, stewards & police. The second forced DFC into spending money on barriers, so fans couldn’t get near him at the tunnel.

Eddie Turnbull as manager

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    In-teresting to pick a Scotland team
    Incomparable - Rougvie, Bremner and MacKay; Indefatigable - McInally and Jordan; Indefensible - Forsyth and Ferguson (D); Insufferable - P*nis
    Belated cap for SAF, to silence any defender still able to move a jaw after 80 minutes

Cruickshank
    Forsyth Woodburn Holton Rougvie
    Bremner Souness MacKay
    McInally Jordan Ferguson (Duncan - late subsitute. Sir A "elbows")
    Good shout for a Scotland XI min ... that's a team that wid def gie ony opposition a fear ... as centre halves go tho, Ah aye thought McQueen wis mair o' a brute (in a good wye of course ... as in, nae Scott Broon style brute), mair recent tho, Colin Hendry must be in wi a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Cruikshank was a total gent by all accounts. What criteria are you looking for here?

In my time watching the game, I’ve only seen two genuine nutjobs. Gary Patterson of Montrose & Steve ‘Spider’ Ramsay of Alloa. The first got sent off at Boghead & tried to square go the players, fans, stewards & police. The second forced DFC into spending money on barriers, so fans couldn’t get near him at the tunnel.
    Spider getting a mention after all these years. Fair play to you. Fair play.

That boy was clinically insane

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That boy was clinically insane
    Aye, maybe, but ... wis he a plaaaaar tho?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast