+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caley Jags vs. Doonhamers

Caley Jags vs. Doonhamers

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4273

Barry Cook is the match referee...

An opportunity to really kick start our 2019, especially with the new faces maybe featuring.

A long trip to watch us trying to hold out and get a draw. Hopefully another week's training has allowed Dobbie to sharpen up again after his short lay-off but as most of the action will be nearer our back-line I think scoring chances falling to him will be few and far between. Of course if we do manage to come away with a point Naysmith will be lauded as a tactical genius, even though watching the actual football on show will be worse than suffering a New Year hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    A long trip to watch us trying to hold out and get a draw. Hopefully another week's training has allowed Dobbie to sharpen up again after his short lay-off but as most of the action will be nearer our back-line I think scoring chances falling to him will be few and far between. Of course if we do manage to come away with a point Naysmith will be lauded as a tactical genius, even though watching the actual football on show will be worse than suffering a New Year hangover.

I take it you won’t be going then

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I take it you won’t be going then
    I thought my first sentence indicated I will be there, or am planning to be anyway. I now go to games more through habit and with a sense of resignation rather than anticipation. Also I would hate to miss a game where the Manager actually set out with a positive approach no matter how unlikely that is. And we will have some new faces on show to look at. Of course being as fickle as every other football supporter I reserve the right in hindsight, to applaud Naysmith's managerial genius if we actually win the game.

30 Devorgilla Doonhamers heading up to Inverness for an overnight stay.

Will be interesting to see if Semple plays. Says a lot to me if he does and Maguire is on the bench.

A definite financial decision for Semple to leave or Sheffield Utd have other plans for him. He has been a great loan player for us.

Good luck to the boy if he moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    30 Devorgilla Doonhamers heading up to Inverness for an overnight stay.
    Well done and hats off to all you guys who make this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Will be interesting to see if Semple plays. Says a lot to me if he does and Maguire is on the bench.

A definite financial decision for Semple to leave or Sheffield Utd have other plans for him. He has been a great loan player for us.

Good luck to the boy if he moves on.
    I`m sorry but can`t agree with that. If Naysmith picks Semple ahead of Maguire then it doesn`t automatically means he rates Semple more highly but might just want to give Maguire some more training time to get up to speed with his new team mates. Naysmith has already stated that he tried previously to get Maguire so he clearly rates him. If he views Maguire as being as good as Semple (perhaps even better) and that frees up budget to strengthen elsehwere then surely that`s a plus. Don`t get me wrong I rate Semple and i would have kept him on but let`s wait and see what happens. As you say good luck to Semple if he moves on. Maybe he wants to go back to Sheffield, who knows.

Not much to choose between ourselves and ICT with games being tightly contested with the exception of the last crazy game at Palmerston when we should have ended their unbeaten run after haven taken that three goal lead. Fancy we may just nick this up there in Inverness this Saturday with a fitter Dobbie and some additions to the squad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)