+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Caley Jags vs. Doonhamers

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I have to reiterate. Make the most of this Dobbie period because we ain't ever going to see his like again at a great ( obviously ) but modest club like ourselves.
    Totally agree JR as it is almost a crime when you think of the poor turnout from the Dumfries public when Queens have one of the foremost goalscorers in the country performing for them at Palmerston. There will be a time when some of those will reflect and then regret having not seen the great man in action but at least we have had that pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Totally agree JR as it is almost a crime when you think of the poor turnout from the Dumfries public when Queens have one of the foremost goalscorers in the country performing for them at Palmerston. There will be a time when some of those will reflect and then regret having not seen the great man in action but at least we have had that pleasure.
    Certainly have and it's something I'll never forget and always appreciate. Ps A bit more to come as well methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post

i think what jr is meaning spike is while we have dobs still playing at queens to a decent level we should take the bull by the horns and get the quality of player needed to get us up ,as the signing of dobs will be here and gone and what will we have achieved ,not about the turnout from the dumfries public ,we could have guys youv never heard of playing for queens and if thay are winning the league and going far in the cup the dumfries public will start to turnout ,for me this is our best oppertunity in years to go up as what iv seen from the other teams in this league it wouldnt take too much to dominate this league .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i think what jr is meaning spike is while we have dobs still playing at queens to a decent level we should take the bull by the horns and get the quality of player needed to get us up ,as the signing of dobs will be here and gone and what will we have achieved ,not about the turnout from the dumfries public ,we could have guys youv never heard of playing for queens and if thay are winning the league and going far in the cup the dumfries public will start to turnout ,for me this is our best oppertunity in years to go up as what iv seen from the other teams in this league it wouldnt take too much to dominate this league .
    Yep this league is bang average at best. If the loan signing Maguire proves to be a player and we could just add another forward player to have better options from the bench we could have a real go at promotion. We`d need a good run re injuries and Dobbie needs to stay fit but we can beat anyone in this league.

A winning and title challenging Queens will bring the Dumfries public out more than Stephen Dobbie ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    A winning and title challenging Queens will bring the Dumfries public out more than Stephen Dobbie ever will.
    One thing is for sure is that we cannot have a title challenging Queens without the fore mentioned Stephen Dobbie.

First of all, can I just add that to get a win at Inverness was an amazing achievement and well done to the whole team and Garry Naysmith.

It is important in this league that we now look for 3 points in every game, if only to avoid relegation! That may sound a little alarmist, but with Falkirk and Partick arming themselves faster than President Putin, we must stay well away from the chasing pack. Someone has to finish bottom of the league and I have no idea who will end up there, - but it might be a major surprise.

With the tactic of striving for 3 points from every match in this tightest of leagues, - then Queens could equally easily end up in the top four, - so may I ask that we be a little braver, as many on this board have suggested and that we go for all out attack!

What a peach of a goal by the Dobster. Makes it look so easy.
    Where would we be without him? He's certainly got us out of the brown stuff on more than one occasion.

Hard for us to ever build a title winning team. We need a settled squad on decent contracts. A rebuild every season due to loan signings etc just puts us back to square one having to gel.

If we manage to keep this current squad and bolsterer it with a few extra players then we would be more than capable of being there or there about's.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)