+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caley Jags vs. Doonhamers

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I`m sorry but can`t agree with that. If Naysmith picks Semple ahead of Maguire then it doesn`t automatically means he rates Semple more highly but might just want to give Maguire some more training time to get up to speed with his new team mates. Naysmith has already stated that he tried previously to get Maguire so he clearly rates him. If he views Maguire as being as good as Semple (perhaps even better) and that frees up budget to strengthen elsehwere then surely that`s a plus. Don`t get me wrong I rate Semple and i would have kept him on but let`s wait and see what happens. As you say good luck to Semple if he moves on. Maybe he wants to go back to Sheffield, who knows.
    Naismith clearly stated when signing Semple he wanted a left footed CB in the back

Make no mistake that if Semple was available and came in on budget we would not be replacing a CB with another one who “ needs time to fit in”

I also have a feeling Brownlie is not too far off from coming back.

It all sits very well with me that Semple came up to get game time and Queens now have a strong relationship with an English Championship team who are pushing for the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Naismith clearly stated when signing Semple he wanted a left footed CB in the back

Make no mistake that if Semple was available and came in on budget we would not be replacing a CB with another one who “ needs time to fit in”

I also have a feeling Brownlie is not too far off from coming back.

It all sits very well with me that Semple came up to get game time and Queens now have a strong relationship with an English Championship team who are pushing for the Premier League.
    He also clearly stated that he has tried previoulsy to get Maguire.
    You`ve overegged my comment re this weeks game aand the choice of CH. As I suspect you know it was with regards to one game only. Maybe they`ll both play in a back 6 for all i know.
    Agree with you re the relationship with Sheff United. Maybe they could send us a striker or two. My point that GN may rate Maguire higher than Semple remains possible. Of course he may not and is choosing to free up some budget to use in another area of the team. Like you I don`t know the answer to that.

6 at the back now there’s a thought.

To be honest I am not sure why there is a debate regards Semple. He has been excellent for us a time when we needed a CB.

The reason for him going back ( if he does ) is neither here nor there. Finances, Ability, recalled by Sheffield etc etc etc doesn’t really matter.

Another CB has been signed so there is no loss. Brownlie will be back in the new year so we will be well stocked in that department.

It’s the other end of the pitch that IMO needs sorting out and to be honest I fully expect GN to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    To be honest I am not sure why there is a debate regards Semple. He has been excellent for us a time when we needed a CB.

The reason for him going back ( if he does ) is neither here nor there. Finances, Ability, recalled by Sheffield etc etc etc doesn’t really matter.

Another CB has been signed so there is no loss. Brownlie will be back in the new year so we will be well stocked in that department.

It’s the other end of the pitch that IMO needs sorting out and to be honest I fully expect GN to do just that.
    Yep agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Yep agree with all of that.
    I was more surprised the gaffer rested him earlier in the season

i reckon if our manager had a bigger squad he would be a tinker man type ,which in turn would cause some grumbling from the fans when standout players like what semple was gets dropped here and there .

Just read elsewhere that Queens travelled up and stayed last night instead of travelling up on match day as they’ve done in recent times.

I hope we go for three points obviously but we will be put under pressure and not have as much of the ball as we'd like. Yes, a draw would be a good result.

No another draw

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)