+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rumour madness it must be January

Rumour madness it must be January

Rodwell to MLS
    I can see this happening as he hasn't featured since the on field spat with mulgrew
    Mowbray values unity and if someone is affecting this then they will go.

Dack and his many suitors
    Burnley(ha ha ha)
    Leeds
    West Brom
    West ham
    Everton
    A bit of a list,will he go?
    I think he will but for a decent price
    Anything under 20 million should be refused.

Raya to Leeds?
    I cannot see this happening,especially as he probably be second fiddle
    Of course everyone has a price.

Robin - I'd have thought an ambitious player won't be looking to another Championship team or even a PL team in danger of relegation. In other words, if Dack DOES leave, surely it would only be to a mid-table PL club.
    After that, it comes down to the offer, of course. From TM's point-of-view, however, January definitely isn't the best time to be getting, say, 20 million, because it's going to be almost impossible to find four 5 million-pound players who are available at this point in the year. (Do we need that many, anyway?!)
    As for Raya, I don't think Mowbray trusts Leutwiler, so I suspect there would have to be an immediate replacement.
    There might be a few fringe players leaving, but I can't see TM being happy to lose any of the core group. If we get a winger in, wouldn't Craig Conway make a great recruit for a D.1 team with aspirations? I still rate him, actually, but I'm just trying to guess - as I'm sure there WILL be an unforeseen transfer or two.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few of the older U-23s move on, as it's getting to the point where it doesn't look as if many of them are going to make it to senior football with us. Wharton is the one that interests me. I thought he would certainly come through, but now I'm so sure.

Robin - I see what you mean about madness, and it isn't just rumours! I've just read about Bournemouth paying 19 m. for Solanke. That is a huge risk. I've been looking at his record, and you have to say there is a lot of guesswork going on by the Bournemouth management-team. This is one of those signings that could be a stroke of genius or a complete flop.
    It does make 20 million-plus for Dack a bit more credible, though.

Wharton is at Lincoln and could still be a player coming into a few league starts next season.
    Sorry for picking just that
    Agree fully on your assessment.
    Just hope any outgoings are done the first 2 weeks and not on deadline day as a lot of deals are
    The last day seems to be a pantomime the deal very often is all but done however just to over egg the whole situation we will finalise it with a hour to go.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Wharton is at Lincoln and could still be a player coming into a few league starts next season.
    Sorry for picking just that
    Agree fully on your assessment.
    Just hope any outgoings are done the first 2 weeks and not on deadline day as a lot of deals are
    The last day seems to be a pantomime the deal very often is all but done however just to over egg the whole situation we will finalise it with a hour to go.
    Robin - just this week I read about a PL club missing out on a transfer last year by 14 seconds. Now that is plain silly. Imagine getting caught out like that in any other line of work!

This is why I truly believe its all for the pantomime that is deadline day but when it's left to the last minute to the a deal up that is just plain ridiculous.

It’s just brinksmanship and is where Brexit is heading. All for the vanity of the political elite.

Well asombalonga
    Boro are struggling with wages and need money to improve their squad.
    They are looking for offers on a few of their star players
    Rumour doing the rounds that we could be in for Brett asombalonga and no I havnt had too many shandy's
    If true(very doubtful)how can we afford the wages and fee(8 mill minimum)and do we really need him?unless we view going up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well asombalonga
    Boro are struggling with wages and need money to improve their squad.
    They are looking for offers on a few of their star players
    Rumour doing the rounds that we could be in for Brett asombalonga and no I havnt had too many shandy's
    If true(very doubtful)how can we afford the wages and fee(8 mill minimum)and do we really need him?unless we view going up this season.

there will be quite a few of these going around.
    That type of player, that type of person is never going to be a fit for TM or Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

If we are desperately trying to get the money to bid for Reed, who is here, is fully committed and playing well for us, then I just cant see us throwing money away on an ageing player on a huge fee and huge wages, who has a questionable personality. He just doesn't fit the criteria, but we'll see I guess?

Now Charlie Austin
    If I am being honest,i am Quite content with what we have
    Nuttall has emerged as a good alternative to Graham,this has to be a better option to Gallagher.
    Rodwell has come in and shown he is a valuable member to the team,so the need for a centre back has been shelved for now.
    We have brought in Chapman,who will be fast tracked to a return to the squad possibly in a crucial April
    So if it shut now I would be content with what we have.
    We need to be financially sensible.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)