+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stand up id you hate Sky Sport

Stand up id you hate Sky Sport

Wouldn't you just know it....... the away game at the Copse has been moved to Monday night, February 25th at 19:45

I think we have to get together with the Tree Huggers and do a long anti Sky chant withour any swearing in it so they have no excuse for replacing the live sound with "generic" crowd noise. Maybe a chorus of "stand up if you hate Sky Sports"

This particular move does mean that I might fly over to catch the match as I was unable to make the Saturday or Sunday due to, respectively, DJing and 65th birthday commitments. Despite that, I still think it sucks. Some will have flights and hotels booked which they now can't change and not everybody is in a position to extend their stay by 2 days as we did for the home game. Plus those on shift work. Not good at all.

When was the last time this game wasn't moved for Sky? It's about time the EFL & Sky worked together to sort these particular fixtures out before release, it's hardly a mid-season surprise that it's a high demand game.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    When was the last time this game wasn't moved for Sky? It's about time the EFL & Sky worked together to sort these particular fixtures out before release, it's hardly a mid-season surprise that it's a high demand game.
    Do it at the season start would be a great idea. Saturday 1230 or 1730 is one thing. Even a Sunday lunchtime kick off suits most. Monday or Friday at 1945 scuttles many, especially ex pats and shift workers.

I have always hated Sky Sports for crimes against football, in terms of destroying the integrity of the game by pumping excessive money into the premier league (and some into the championship I grant). This, to be honest, changing a few game days and times around is small change compared to the bigger crime. But he who pays the piper calls the tune, and you must be used to it by now, my cloggie friend.
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 04-01-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I have always hated Sky Sports for crimes against football, in terms of destroying the integrity of the game by pumping excessive money into the premier league (and some into the championship I grant). This, to be honest, changing a few game days and times around is small change compared to the bigger crime. But he who pays the piper calls the tune, and you must be used to it by now, my cloggie friend.
    This particular change actually opens up an opportunity for me to attend the game which wasn't there beforehand. Still against it though.

I started a similar thread on a Tree Huggers forum and was supported by just about all of the red dogs who replied.

One, however, had to ask the question....... Do I shag sheep?

My response was..... We know what we are, we know what we a-a-are.......

More satisfaction than hugging a tree as well

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    More satisfaction than hugging a tree as well
    So I have heard

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)