+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Barclay signs on loan

Ben Barclay signs on loan

Notts County have completed the loan signing of Brighton and Hove Albion centre back Ben Barclay until the end of the season.

The move sees fellow Seagull Ben Hall return to the Amex Stadium, with the Northern Irishman likely to miss the rest of the season through injury.

Barclay, 22, was included in Chris Hughton’s 25-man Premier League squad for the first half of the season and was in the travelling party for the Seagulls’ top-flight trip to Liverpool in August.

Three days later, he made his senior debut against south coast rivals Southampton in the first round of the Carabao Cup before pitting his wits against Luton, Peterborough and MK Dons in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Composed on the ball and strong in the air, Barclay cut his teeth with hometown club Manchester City before joining Brighton’s academy in 2013.

He will meet up with his new team-mates at their hotel in Es*** today and will be eligible for Saturday’s match against Colchester, where he’ll don the number 6 shirt.

Hall, meanwhile, returned to Sus*** yesterday following a frustrating first half of the season.

Injuries mean he is yet to make an appearance this campaign and both clubs have agreed it’s best he continues his rehabilitation at Brighton.

The defender said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to Notts County for supporting me through what has been a very tough season, both on a personal and collective level.

“I’m gutted I’ve not been able to help the boys get out of the situation we’re in and I was really looking forward to building on my performances from last season.

“I now have to focus on getting myself fit again but I’ll be keeping a close eye on Notts and supporting the lads from afar.”

Everyone at Meadow Lane would like to wish Ben all the best in his recovery.

Ben Barclay Signs

Barclay arrives, Hall departs
    Two Bens swap places as Magpies bolster defensive ranks

1 Hour ago

Notts County have completed the loan signing of Brighton and Hove Albion centre back Ben Barclay until the end of the season.

The move sees fellow Seagull Ben Hall return to the Amex Stadium, with the Northern Irishman likely to miss the rest of the season through injury.

Barclay, 22, was included in Chris Hughton’s 25-man Premier League squad for the first half of the season and was in the travelling party for the Seagulls’ top-flight trip to Liverpool in August.

Three days later, he made his senior debut against south coast rivals Southampton in the first round of the Carabao Cup before pitting his wits against Luton, Peterborough and MK Dons in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Composed on the ball and strong in the air, Barclay cut his teeth with hometown club Manchester City before joining Brighton’s academy in 2013.

He will meet up with his new team-mates at their hotel in Es*** today and will be eligible for Saturday’s match against Colchester, where he’ll don the number 6 shirt.

Hall, meanwhile, returned to Sus*** yesterday following a frustrating first half of the season.

Injuries mean he is yet to make an appearance this campaign and both clubs have agreed it’s best he continues his rehabilitation at Brighton.

The defender said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to Notts County for supporting me through what has been a very tough season, both on a personal and collective level.

“I’m gutted I’ve not been able to help the boys get out of the situation we’re in and I was really looking forward to building on my performances from last season.

“I now have to focus on getting myself fit again but I’ll be keeping a close eye on Notts and supporting the lads from afar.”

Everyone at Meadow Lane would like to wish Ben all the best in his recovery.

He was in their original 25 this season so look's promising. Also at 22 should have a bit more about him than some gangly ****ager.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    He was in their original 25 this season so look's promising. Also at 22 should have a bit more about him than some gangly ****ager.
    He looks a unit and also looks like a centre back to be honest, same as Hall to be honest so hopefully adds to the sqaud and at least we have a player that we can use

Ben Barclay Signs

We have completed the loan signing of Brighton and Hove Albion centre back Ben Barclay until the end of the season.

I wouldn't bank on him

Looks a good lad actually

The more I think about it, to get him to sign must have took a lot of convincing. From being in and around the first team of a Premier League team to go to the bottom of the football league is some fall.

Well done Notts, first strengthening in an area that is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    The more I think about it, to get him to sign must have took a lot of convincing. From being in and around the first team of a Premier League team to go to the bottom of the football league is some fall.

Yep let's hope he can deliver some defensive solidity quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post

He looks like he has the right attitude then and maybe Ben Hall has put a good word in.

The difference he will play games here he won't at Brighton lets hope he does the business for us.

These days, new signings don’t always go straight into the first team starting line up, but I hope Barclay plays tomorrow as our defence badly needs a boost.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast