Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
Azzav sed befooar its all about player power nar.

The players (through their agents) put release clauses in their contracts azza matter of course, ivveryweear, not just at Barnsley. Nearly all will refuse to sign if the club dunt agree. The reason is they want the opportunity to move if it comes along to increase their wages fourfold and they dunt want a club blocking their way with a high transfer fee demand to the buyers. Their is no loyalty to a club despite the badge kissing.
Potts will be on a lot more money at Preston, Hourihane's wages went up to £28k a week from £5k. We would all do the same if more money were offered for the same job.

Gerrin ready fo Burnley nar to put sum mooar money in the players pockets. Just a c0ck stride fo me through Happy Valley and o'er top. COYR and IGWT.
Whilst I agree that agents and player power tips the odds against the majority of football clubs that only portrays part of the story if we are to be BFC specific .

I expect money raised through the sale of players in this modern world to be re-invested back in to the club in its entirety .

Neither Chien Lee or Patrick Cryne started this business in 1887 and it was started by a man as all football clubs were to provide entertainment on a saturday afternoon for working people , that core principal still stands today for myself .

The sale of our better players to other clubs is a historic fact that will never leave us BUT the Reverend Tiverton Preedy didn't start this club to profit personally from it and it shouldn't do now .

Whilst Cryne and Lee and the Consortium may own the shares the heart and soul belongs to the fans and no amount of money can buy that .

The accounts in FULL MUST always be made available for scrutiny down to the last penny , only then can the fans understand the financial decisions that are made and they must always be made with the support and the club first and foremost and NEVER EVER private bank accounts .

Once this is fixed we can live and understand this club and it's direction going forward .

Hiding the detail of financial transactions and accounts suggests foul play , the club can dress it up all it wants but it doesn't pass my personal fit for purpose test and it never will .