+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good deal?, bad deal? ,not championship standard

Bradley Dack is a very good shout Roma, and he's a player that I regularly chat with the Blackburn fans about.
    I think they got a really good signing there and I still don't know why nobody else took a gamble on him when he was at Gillingham.

Remember a player who was also talented but tempremental as well, and we were linked with him (but as usual nothing happened).. Keigan Parker at Blackpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Bradley Dack is a very good shout Roma, and he's a player that I regularly chat with the Blackburn fans about.
    I think they got a really good signing there and I still don't know why nobody else took a gamble on him when he was at Gillingham.

Remember a player who was also talented but tempremental as well, and we were linked with him (but as usual nothing happened).. Keigan Parker at Blackpool.
    We had a bid accepted for Keegan Parker but he chose to go to Huddersfield instead is how I remember it .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    No team serious about promotion sells a major player from their team in January, it was a stupid and greedy decision regardless of whether you liked him or not.
    We should have seen this coming though when they started playing Brown in Pottsies position, again rather than bring someone in we will go for the cheap option of teaching a youth Striker to play on the wing? Frankly when fit we have a better player than Potts to fill the position in Isgrove.
    I feel let down yet again? Don’t get me wrong I know we are a selling club and our mandate is to bring in youth to sell at a profit, but jeopardising our promotion chances like this is unforgivable, I don’t want to hear the Goat rubbish coming from the club about sustainability because Promotion instantly brings better finances, this was purely grab the money while we can because it was a healthy profit and sod the fans.
    It makes me really angry because of the money I fork out travelling all over the country to watch them and all they seem to be bothered about is lining their pockets and yes nothing has changed from the Cryne era!
    I will give them till the end of January to bolster the squad sufficiently and will most likely continue to support them until the seasons end, however if we sell anyone else I will review if I do go and if we now drop away and end up out of the race, I will become an armchair SKY watching supporter in the future as I will not be taken for a mug by the club again, as I was was when they sold half the team when we were capable of making at least the play off’s in the Championship a couple of seasons ago!
    It most certainly feels like once again the club are taking the pyss out of the fans .

The very same fans who had a good championship team sold when well placed just to bolster the owners family bank balance but not the less have stuck by the club in their thousands even after relegation .

Shameful .

I'm keeping my powder dry for now , see who comes in this window and more importantly which division we will be playing our football next season .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We had a bid accepted for Keegan Parker but he chose to go to Huddersfield instead is how I remember it .
    Well either way Animal, he was one of those players who could have boosted us at the time, but as I said 'as usual' it just didn't happen for one reason or another.

And by the way, didnt his career flop after that move to Hudds ?

My sentiments exactly animal. If we got a few million profit on a player I could understand it but we’re 4th in the league with a very good chance of promotion so to sell a key member of our first team for slamm profit when Blackpool take their cut is as you say shameful. What’s the point of having billionaire owners if they don’t want to take the club forward and are happy with small profits?
    I’ve heard some people say Potts May have had a clause where he could go if someone came in with say £1.5m and all I can say to that is don’t sign these players in the first place, it’s not as if they’re the best player in Europe we’re signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    My sentiments exactly animal. If we got a few million profit on a player I could understand it but we’re 4th in the league with a very good chance of promotion so to sell a key member of our first team for slamm profit when Blackpool take their cut is as you say shameful. What’s the point of having billionaire owners if they don’t want to take the club forward and are happy with small profits?
    I’ve heard some people say Potts May have had a clause where he could go if someone came in with say £1.5m and all I can say to that is don’t sign these players in the first place, it’s not as if they’re the best player in Europe we’re signing.
    We never see the FULL accounts published and haven't done for many a long year .

We are never told officially what price we are paying for incoming players or what we receive when they are sold , once again this policy goes back several years .

It seems to me the less the fans know about the financial side the better which just adds to the suspicion .

We only exist to extract cash from our pockets to them and nothing more than that , this isn't a new thing either .

You would think the club would realise that to make a profit you need supporters. The more supporters the bigger the profit.
    A good footballing team creates a chance of promotion. A chance of promotion creates excitement. Excitement creates more fans and as said more fans creates bigger profits.
    On the other hand selling a key player while with a chance of promotion angers fans. Not getting in a replacement angers fans. Selling any key players after saying no one would be coming or going angers fans and not achieving promotion will probably be the one that breaks the humpy horses back and will lose a good fan base.
    I can't see season ticket sales being good next season if promotion isn't achieved and I don't see that happening with another disappointing transfer window, where the club refrains from adding to a depleted squad in a good position.
    You reap what you sow BFC and taking the fans for mugs the last few transfer windows means they won't stand for it much more and they will show it with low attendances which means less profit.
    For the chance of promotion.
    For the chance to retain your fan base
    For the betterment of BFC
    Please speculate to accumulate and do something in this transfer window..

What is the agenda with these mega rich owners?
    If they just want to buy cheap and sell on for a small profit it doesn't make sense.
    It's like playing stud poker with your grandkids for matches. There's no fun in it, and no real financial gain.
    Surely £1.5M is nothing to them when he's worth more than that to the team.
    It might be a decent price for him, but it's no more than he's worth and could cost us promotion.
    If they'd offered silly money for him I could understand it more.
    If we'd bought a couple of decent players first, then thought we could do without him, fine.

Azzav sed befooar its all about player power nar.

The players (through their agents) put release clauses in their contracts azza matter of course, ivveryweear, not just at Barnsley. Nearly all will refuse to sign if the club dunt agree. The reason is they want the opportunity to move if it comes along to increase their wages fourfold and they dunt want a club blocking their way with a high transfer fee demand to the buyers. Their is no loyalty to a club despite the badge kissing.
    Potts will be on a lot more money at Preston, Hourihane's wages went up to £28k a week from £5k. We would all do the same if more money were offered for the same job.

Gerrin ready fo Burnley nar to put sum mooar money in the players pockets. Just a c0ck stride fo me through Happy Valley and o'er top. COYR and IGWT.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Azzav sed befooar its all about player power nar.

The players (through their agents) put release clauses in their contracts azza matter of course, ivveryweear, not just at Barnsley. Nearly all will refuse to sign if the club dunt agree. The reason is they want the opportunity to move if it comes along to increase their wages fourfold and they dunt want a club blocking their way with a high transfer fee demand to the buyers. Their is no loyalty to a club despite the badge kissing.
    Potts will be on a lot more money at Preston, Hourihane's wages went up to £28k a week from £5k. We would all do the same if more money were offered for the same job.

Gerrin ready fo Burnley nar to put sum mooar money in the players pockets. Just a c0ck stride fo me through Happy Valley and o'er top. COYR and IGWT.
    Agree

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast