+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Training Ground snippet

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Better than Bulwell hall i suppose, massive area, its just between Bestwood and Top Valey, mind ta car mista.
    Was 'Southglade' the original location that fell through or is it the potential new one?

Hot sure bud, just hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Nowt wrong with Southglade brother.
    just need good security 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    just need good security 24 hours
    Well if we spread things out across the u23s and the first team we could train 24 hours a day and leave Turley on the door?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well if we spread things out across the u23s and the first team we could train 24 hours a day and leave Turley on the door?
    To me it just goes to show there never was a training ground plan in place, just more hype. Southglade losses money and the council wanted to get rid. Terrible place for a training centre to be. You'd have to nail your hubcaps to the car park floor.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    To me it just goes to show there never was a training ground plan in place, just more hype. Southglade losses money and the council wanted to get rid. Terrible place for a training centre to be. You'd have to nail your hubcaps to the car park floor.
    So this was the one that fell through then?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    So this was the one that fell through then?
    I would say so .... As in a year surely he would have sourced the land and started building it, Lincoln did, Mansfield did. Tells me there is no money available for such a venture that is important for the clubs progression.
    Last edited by McCullochisGod; 06-01-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Well its not a difficult question to answer when you see the work that was done to upgrade Meadow Lane four new stands, then disaster struck in the form of Admin, then the Munto Saga, then the Trew Regime and finally Big Al who cleared all the debts only to accrue more debts. All pointing to the fact which came first the Chicken or the Egg not every club had a Rich Benefactor named Nigel Doughty, ours was Hayden Green who bought the lease to the Lane, I don't call that Pretty Scandalous.

Agree the cost of land is I suspect the Big Stumbling Block for sure, look at the prices escalating in Rushcliffe that will give you a clue.
    I guess the bigger question is when did clubs start owning their own training grounds? If it was in the 1950s, for example, how come we never did so? Also, where have we been training all of these 157 years? Or, as some performances suggest, do the players leave the changing rooms on a Saturday evening and then next meet up for the next time the following Saturday, just before the next game?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I guess the bigger question is when did clubs start owning their own training grounds? If it was in the 1950s, for example, how come we never did so? Also, where have we been training all of these 157 years? Or, as some performances suggest, do the players leave the changing rooms on a Saturday evening and then next meet up for the next time the following Saturday, just before the next game?
    Quite obviously you are one of the many who have never read any of the sveral books written about Notts County's History.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123