+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: This weekends fixtures

Scoring from open play has been an issue recently certainly

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I actually thought that was a worse performance than last week, and could easily have ended up in one of those heavy defeats we throw in at home every so often.

We have just played the bottom three teams in the league, and scored one fluke from open play during that time. At least Nesbit showed some creativity when he came on, but even when we do create our conversion rate is woeful, you would probably be lucky to get 20 goals from mcmullan, king, safranko over a season. There just isn't enough goalscorers in this side to win enough games, especially when you have a defence that week chucks in one free goal to the opposition.
    Totally agree, it was a couple of decent saves away from another embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't think harkins going off made a difference tbh, the game had changed before that, more Nesbitt for Aird who was poor
    Shedka I said Harkins was a good player and I think he proved it, the BBCs pundits also seemed to think he was instrumental, in their play. However I do agree with you his substitution was not the turning point, but Aird's was, Nesbitt on today's showing was MoTM for me. And yes we did not turn up first half, in fact at one point I thought we would lose as they outplayed us in the first half. However 1 pt is better than none. But we cant keep doing thus

I'd have changed shape and personnel after 30 mins today.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    However 1 pt is better than none. But we cant keep doing thus
    In the grand scheme of this weekend, these guys came out and looked like they either couldnt be bothered, or they thought the game was already won after last nights result! Should have been bang at it right from the off and need to be taking the points against poor teams like Thistle!

If we allow other weekends like this, and there is maybe one next weekend, not only will we be a point closer to those above, but we will have Morton, ICT and QotS challenging for our play-off place!

Poor performance today. 1st half was especially poor and we were completely outplayed. I don;t see any of the pressing game Neilson trumpeted when he arrived. The players just wont go to the man and tackle. We need a right back who will make a tackle. Bit better second half but no penetration. The new boy had a good touch and movement but cant shoot either much like the whole team. Very disappointing run when we could have been top of the league with all the slip up the other teams have made. I really hope we can get some better players in as this is a very good chance to go up with everyone taking points from each other.

It's the quietest i have heard Tannadice that i remember recently as well. Folk not wanting to boo but not much to cheer either. Not worth the 3 hour round trip today at all. Willie Miller on the radio after it saying it was a great game and we were great in the second half? don't think he was watching the same game

If we had won today and last week we would only be 1 point off top of the league - the problem is, we struggle to score goals.

Also agree that changes should have been made before half time - Thistle could have been 2 or 3 up at half time.

More new signings next week - if the present squad can't get full points against Alloa or Thistle and leak 5 goals against Ayr, then changes have to come.

It's possible the new signings might bring out the best in the current squad and a few might raise their game - we will soon know.

1 win in 6.

Amazing how the form has switched completely. Bloody frustrating.

yup its concerning and history repeatin itself - teams know if they just have a go we are weak

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Ayr was worse��
    If Thistle had Shakland playing for them they would have been 4 or up at half time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)