+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekends fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Worst first half ever.
    Ayr was worse😊

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Two changes for me made all the difference after a truly woeful 1st half. Thistle took off Harkins, which I think was a big mistake on their part, and we brought on Nesbitt who added a bit of pace and more importantly movement

I don't think harkins going off made a difference tbh, the game had changed before that, more Nesbitt for Aird who was poor

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Ayr was worse😊
    Lol, it's come to something when we're arguing over which match was worse!

Worst first half ever.

Have seen a good few worse in part year, Falkirk and Ayr got a start, just shows how much we need to add new players

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't think harkins going off made a difference tbh, the game had changed before that, more Nesbitt for Aird who was poor
    Yeah definitely think Nesbitt made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Re Aiden Nesbitt

Yeah, it sounds like he's made a positive start.

Neilson's 1st signing. Good start. His ability to secure better players in the transfer mkt is critical to our progress.

Not sure that his verbal broadside at the squad earlier in the week was a wise move.

We lost to Alloa last week before he said anything, people making way too much out of it imo, we need to improve the first xi this window as much as possible, they silly aren't good enough outwith 3-4, Nesbitt looked good so more like the please, if possible, two full backs, a winger, striker and keeper

Yeah definitely think Nesbitt made the difference.
    The only thing worse than that first half was the £2.40 cupasoup at half time - AWFUL.

I thought Thistle lost a bit of composure when Harkins went off, the position he was playing in front of the central defence pairing and behind the midfield had him running the show 1st half. Don't get me wrong, I do not like the man but he showed up our midfield today. Yes the Nesbitt/Aird substitution was instrumental in the second half performance but still think Harkins going off helped us too.

I don't think he did anything first half, we were just that poor only one team turned up from the off, we weren't fully engaged in the game until the second 45

I was disappointed he went off as more legs for them to come and close us down when we were getting on top

I actually thought that was a worse performance than last week, and could easily have ended up in one of those heavy defeats we throw in at home every so often.

We have just played the bottom three teams in the league, and scored one fluke from open play during that time. At least Nesbit showed some creativity when he came on, but even when we do create our conversion rate is woeful, you would probably be lucky to get 20 goals from mcmullan, king, safranko over a season. There just isn't enough goalscorers in this side to win enough games, especially when you have a defence that week chucks in one free goal to the opposition.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)