+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: This weekends fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Only positive was Nielson managed to get some reaction at half time.

After press during the week stating players were playing for their careers etc the reaction from them was embarrassing and they should be ashamed of themselves. It shows the level to which they can actually perform. Shocking.

Keeper, pass marks just. But should be commanding the box to come and take crosses at 6 yard box.
    Murdoch not a full back offered nothing going forward
    Bougenhia and Frans, Not commanding enough and contributed to the problem,
    Booth never a full back there nothing going forward. Needs serious coaching
    Stanton, Fyvie McMullan, just standard, not excelling, created very little of quality . At least McM worked box to box and showed great commitment.
    Aird. Get him out, imposter. Flatters every time. Provides zip.
    Safranco, can't be left on his own
    Smith, too similar to Aird and King. Imposter.

King came on and proved why he should go.
    Nesbitt the only real ray of light when he came on.

Too many imposters. No commitment. No quality. Wholesale changes needed in personnel and mentality.
    The bench had nothing better to offer.

Patrick were a team of well organised, professional, committed journeymen who were for long long periods the better team.

Also the inability to score from open play is a major worry.
    6-0 Partick? I thought it was 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    6-0 Partick? I thought it was 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Keeper, pass marks just. But should be commanding the box to come and take crosses at 6 yard box.
    Murdoch not a full back offered nothing going forward
    Bougenhia and Frans, Not commanding enough and contributed to the problem,
    Booth never a full back there nothing going forward. Needs serious coaching
    Stanton, Fyvie McMullan, just standard, not excelling, created very little of quality . At least McM worked box to box and showed great commitment.
    Aird. Get him out, imposter. Flatters every time. Provides zip.
    Safranco, can't be left on his own
    Smith, too similar to Aird and King. Imposter.

King came on and proved why he should go.
    Nesbitt the only real ray of light when he came on.

Also the inability to score from open play is a major worry.
    I know im usually quite down on what the players are like, but that is harsh!

Siegrist - He is the lesser of our 2 evils just now and really kept us in the game first half! Second half i thought he did well with some of his distribution where his long throw has to be exploited in the future!
    Murdoch - When you constantly see Aird give the ball away in attack, its obvious either full back is gonna be ineffective going forward. First rule of full back is defend and Doc does ok! He even produced the kind of cross Aird can put in during the second half.
    Fran n Bou - Had their hands full because of Aird!
    Booth - First rule of full back is defend! Again does ok, but where are we gonna get better when we have so many issues through the team?
    Stanton and Fyvie were constantly on the back foot first half due to Aird! Both should have scored though!
    McMullan and Nesbitt - I want to see more of these guys working together, but cannot see how that can work with Cammy Smith inbound. But then, the 3 of them doing what RN had King, Aird and McMullan doing during the bounce excites me! Que being disappointed in a couple of weeks!
    Safranko - Needs better support and supply
    Matty Smith - Did more than Aird and King normally do, but King wasnt as bad as usual when he came on. I fear his time is up but has not had much of a chance this season under Shabba and RN.

Aird - Been getting increasingly frustrated with him for a while now and all my concerns came to the fore yesterday! Like you say, our inability to score from open play is shockingly bad and Aird is the biggest culprit. Unbelievable dead ball skills are worth nothing if thats all you can bring to the party!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I know im usually quite down on what the players are like, but that is harsh!

Siegrist - He is the lesser of our 2 evils just now and really kept us in the game first half! Second half i thought he did well with some of his distribution where his long throw has to be exploited in the future!
    Murdoch - When you constantly see Aird give the ball away in attack, its obvious either full back is gonna be ineffective going forward. First rule of full back is defend and Doc does ok! He even produced the kind of cross Aird can put in during the second half.
    Fran n Bou - Had their hands full because of Aird!
    Booth - First rule of full back is defend! Again does ok, but where are we gonna get better when we have so many issues through the team?
    Stanton and Fyvie were constantly on the back foot first half due to Aird! Both should have scored though!
    McMullan and Nesbitt - I want to see more of these guys working together, but cannot see how that can work with Cammy Smith inbound. But then, the 3 of them doing what RN had King, Aird and McMullan doing during the bounce excites me! Que being disappointed in a couple of weeks!
    Safranko - Needs better support and supply
    Matty Smith - Did more than Aird and King normally do, but King wasnt as bad as usual when he came on. I fear his time is up but has not had much of a chance this season under Shabba and RN.

Aird - Been getting increasingly frustrated with him for a while now and all my concerns came to the fore yesterday! Like you say, our inability to score from open play is shockingly bad and Aird is the biggest culprit. Unbelievable dead ball skills are worth nothing if thats all you can bring to the party!
    The 1st rule of Andy Robertson is to attack and he is the best fullback in world football,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The 1st rule of Andy Robertson is to attack and he is the best fullback in world football,FACT.
    If we had 11 Andy Robertson’s we would win this league at a canter.

What a great attitude and work rate he had

Not sure what he’s be like in goal mind but he’d be better than Rakovan

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    And if the money we got from him had been invested correctly then we would not be having to field a failed midfielder and a Partick reject!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)