+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Far Are You...

Mr C
    It's not because they sold Potts,I agree with Animal it goes much deeper than that & in my opinion as as I understand it we are not in dire need of the money, are we?
    Wouldn't it be nice if for once just once we strengthened the side first when we are so well placed & sell when we have done so
    After all there is over three weeks left of the window to sell
    Potts was sold with only 3 days of the window opening so when do you think the business was done?
    If we can sell in the first three days we can buy in the first three days if we have the will. Preston did
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 06-01-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Well there are a couple I would sell now, to get in better players. We have always sold players, but in the past there wasn't the internet for people to have a meltdown on. I will wait until the end of the transfer window before I pass judgement.
    In the owd days when people spok to each other face to face we went in pub to evva reyt good chunter.
    "Thuv sold Tommy Taylor"
    "Thuv sold David Hirst"
    "Thuv sold Ashley Ward"

"The dunt want to gu up".

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Agree , let's see what happens but I can tell you having just heard Stendel's interview on RS he's proper pyssed at losing Potts .
    Not surprised that Stendel was pissed off in that interview about losing Potts. We had just lost to a 92nd minute penalty and two players who should be able to step up and take Potts place, Hedges and Moncur, he realised can't do it after watching them again disappoint.

Feelings are running high steve myself included .

However it's a little premature to be chaining ourselfs to the Ponty End car park fences just yet .

Nowt to say a couple of loans come in and we kick on and get promoted .

Things need to deteriorate significantly before there is any legs in this but I get your sentiment .

That said I still maintain the owners need to be accountable to the fans far more robustly than they are right now or have been for a good number of years .

An Independent Supporters Group forming minus the protesting is necessary if only to make the point that we are around , watching and not prepared to be mugged off .

Lets see how events unfold steve , if we fail this season then the summer offers an opportunity to kick start this thing with a bit of disappointment in the air .
    Agree with everything here except waiting until the end of the season.
    We will have some idea of where things are going by the end of the month.
    Forming a group to put forward a supporters point of view is a great idea and should be welcomed by fans and The Board alike (although I don’t suppose it will be).
    Last edited by Jonnyboy501; 06-01-2019 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    All this agro against Barnsley f.c. because they sold Potts and not one of you knows the reasons why he was sold, demonstrating outside the football clubs gates f*** me grow up, do you really support Barnsley or just come on this football forum for a laugh and a wind up.
    I'm amazed at your post Mr C with all due respect .

As a man of union and left wing politics I'd have thought you could see the need for accountability when the capitalists are having the room to themselves .

I'm amazed at your post Mr C with all due respect .

As a man of union and left wing politics I'd have thought you could see the need for accountability when the capitalists are having the room to themselves .
    We'll Animal i'm amazed you should bring my politics into this debate, I stated that no one who posts on this website knows why Potts was sold if you do then please tell us the facts not what you think, it reminds me of some one putting a load of bullshyte on the side of a bus and people believein it.

Personally, I agree with UTC. To bring bar room politics into the debate is a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    We'll Animal i'm amazed you should bring my politics into this debate, I stated that no one who posts on this website knows why Potts was sold if you do then please tell us the facts not what you think, it reminds me of some one putting a load of bullshyte on the side of a bus and people believein it.
    Bang on that , it’s all presumption why he was sold . The club could help by making a few things clearer.

The only thing we do know for certain is that Stendel was disappointed to see him go and didn’t know if there would be any money available for any additional players coming in ..... though the owners have said there will be .

I thought the purpose of this or any other forum was to offer opinions
    Mind you if all we want is indisputable facts then we can content ourselves with just quoting from Google/Wikipedia or listening to our fount of all knowledge from just down the M1
    If even more facts are required take a look at BFC's annual accounts
    Trying to post "facts" where BFC is concerned is not a fertile passtime
    Think on Mr C when you post opinions in future
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 07-01-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Aye. Who needs facts when blind prejudice is available?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast