+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Far Are You...

I agree animal but as long as the club keeps rolling along and stick to the cryne PLAN and the men in suits get a million here and a million there from player sales they couldn't care a FK

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I agree animal but as long as the club keeps rolling along and stick to the cryne PLAN and the men in suits get a million here and a million there from player sales they couldn't care a FK
    My point is these owners need to be accountable .

Great wealth and a smart suit doesn't give them a totalitarian narrative , something I've never accepted in life and I'm not about to start now .

I want to see some clarity and accountability , I don't expect them to fund the club from out of their own pockets but that works the other way too with money leaving the business and in to their bank accounts .

Football clubs are not and never will be in my opinion a vehicle to profit from personally other than possibly selling the club to new ownership .

Is this because we have sold Potts? Why not wait and see who we bring in?

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    ........and sell.

Well there are a couple I would sell now, to get in better players. We have always sold players, but in the past there wasn't the internet for people to have a meltdown on. I will wait until the end of the transfer window before I pass judgement.

No it goes much deeper than that .

This is about the ownership of the past selling our top talent for personal gain to the detriment of the team .

We don't wish to see it repeated and the sale of Potts suggests and I do say suggests that it could be repeated .

Well there are a couple I would sell now, to get in better players. We have always sold players, but in the past there wasn't the internet for people to have a meltdown on. I will wait until the end of the transfer window before I pass judgement.
    We sold players before 2017 to balance the books , re-invest in the squad or simply players ambitions were something we couldn't match , John Stones for example .

Since 2017 that changed to millions of pounds leaving the business and in to a private bank account .

Are you comfortable with that ?

If we do not reinvest the Potts money, no I will not be happy. Paul Conway told a group of East Dene supporters yesterday that it was going to happen. New signings on the way. So I will wait and see and then make a judgement

If we do not reinvest the Potts money, no I will not be happy. Paul Conway told a group of East Dene supporters yesterday that it was going to happen. New signings on the way. So I will wait and see and then make a judgement
    Agree , let's see what happens but I can tell you having just heard Stendel's interview on RS he's proper pyssed at losing Potts .

All this agro against Barnsley f.c. because they sold Potts and not one of you knows the reasons why he was sold, demonstrating outside the football clubs gates f*** me grow up, do you really support Barnsley or just come on this football forum for a laugh and a wind up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast