+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Far Are You...

How Far Are You...

Willing to go? The great Animal told me not to cast my light under a bushel.

He's right.

I'll stand up if no fecker else will. I'm willing to do a club first protest outside Oakwell gates behind Ponty end at next home match if theres required support.

Reason it's club first is because I agree that boycotting matches helps no one long term.

Club first also resonates better with a general feeling. It's less militant and might reach out more.

It isn't anti Barnsley and it might just stir up some good feeling and might make them in charge take notice.

As Clint Eastwood said " a man needs to know his limitations" but I'm willing to try.

I'll contact Brian for advice

Dunt the Blades fans do some strange thing where they take shoes off in the car park at the first sign of things going t1ts up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post

He's right.

I'll stand up if no fecker else will. I'm willing to do a club first protest outside Oakwell gates behind Ponty end at next home match if theres required support.

Reason it's club first is because I agree that boycotting matches helps no one long term.

Club first also resonates better with a general feeling. It's less militant and might reach out more.

It isn't anti Barnsley and it might just stir up some good feeling and might make them in charge take notice.

As Clint Eastwood said " a man needs to know his limitations" but I'm willing to try.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post

He's right.

Feelings are running high steve myself included .

However it's a little premature to be chaining ourselfs to the Ponty End car park fences just yet .

Nowt to say a couple of loans come in and we kick on and get promoted .

Things need to deteriorate significantly before there is any legs in this but I get your sentiment .

That said I still maintain the owners need to be accountable to the fans far more robustly than they are right now or have been for a good number of years .

An Independent Supporters Group forming minus the protesting is necessary if only to make the point that we are around , watching and not prepared to be mugged off .

Lets see how events unfold steve , if we fail this season then the summer offers an opportunity to kick start this thing with a bit of disappointment in the air .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 05-01-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Dunt tek this wrong way but a think tha over reacting Steve with all due respect. Protests against owners never turn out nice. Look at the Blackpool situation, its a farce and who wants that?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Dunt tek this wrong way but a think tha over reacting Steve with all due respect. Protests against owners never turn out nice. Look at the Blackpool situation, its a farce and who wants that?
    Peacefully is where the credibility is Pass , when the Liverpool fans walked out of Anfield the other year with 20 minutes to go over ticket prices the owner soon woke up and saw Anfield with thousands of empty seats during a PL game .

They took it onboard .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Peacefully is where the credibility is Pass , when the Liverpool fans walked out of Anfield the other year with 20 minutes to go over ticket prices the owner soon woke up and saw Anfield with thousands of empty seats during a PL game .

They took it onboard .
    They did indeed. However, i suspect that had something to do with Liverpool's owners shelling art 200million on that new stand and new training facility.

Why should the owners take any notice about any protests they haven't shown any interest in the club moving forward that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Why should the owners take any notice about any protests they haven't shown any interest in the club moving forward that's for sure
    Well basically that's suggesting the fans , customers , stakeholders and the heart and soul don't have a voice .

This is about everyone working together for the benefit of the club and not the potential for the club to feed only private bank accounts .

That's all I'm suggesting Dooali .

I don't care who owns the club just as long it's run for the benefit of ALL concerned .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast