+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V Swansea

Cheers Exiled & TD, sounds like the right decision to sub him with us 2-0 down and him being bullied in midfield. Can't wait for Jack to come back into the side and to see what DS's own signings can do for us.

Im sure O'Hare will come good, it has taken 3 or 4 seasons for Jack to become the real deal, dont forget we Loaned him out to develop him. I would have started with Landsbury and Koj, i alsi would have played Bolasie as he is still not fully match fit but even thiugh liking Hutton, i would not have had him CH. After 45 mins of Bree being tskinned down the flanks i wiuld have swapped positions!
    Still, were out so lets move on. If Tammy stsys great if not we are in trouble!
    WE cannot honedtly push for promotion which such lisses as Tammy, Jack and Tuanzebe not to mention the curse of the villa GK.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Just to add, it was 40,000 but 10,000 ST holders didnt bother to turn up!
    Yes the booing was for the decision to Sub O'hare but to be honest, he was getting bullied in midfield. The defeat was predictable knowing the line up. Even though i boughts 8 tickets for my family, i that display i dont think many of them will be rushing back to the Church..
    Were the Lower Trinity at the Holte End and the Upper Trinity at the Holte End empty as we couldn’t see from the Family Stand, Dave. But there is no way there were 12,500 empty seats. The rest of the ground looked full, I thought about 35+. Swansea had about 200 empty seats but again I was shocked when 30,000 came up on the scoreboard. The woman in front of us said that the announcer said 40,000, contradicting the scoreboard.

Anyhoo, we were sh1te, the atmosphere was sh1te, but we had a great day anyway. Spoilt a little, when a one sided footy match broke out. Villa Park is still a magical place, pre match of course.

From where i was sat Row H of the upper Trinity, you ciuld ckearly see the gaps around the ground plus the fact that just 3 mins after the final whistle the ground was empty, i dont know who the players were applauding. When i picked my 8 tickets up, the guy at VP said there was only 2000 seats left. I think 30k att: was probably right. The atmos was dire and ground full of kids scream in a very high pitch....villa villa.....it sounded awful.

We never even heard ‘eunuch’s chorus’ Dave. There was no singing at all in the ‘family Stand’. I say ‘Family Stand’ as I was expecting loads a kids. Well I suppose there were really, loads of 80 year old men with their 60 year old sons.
    1st time in over 46 years of going to VP that I’ve been in the Lower Trinity and unfortunately the young Villan loved it.
    He’s had bad experiences in The Lower Holte, but it was worse in the Middle Trinity. That was like the moaning auld lads from the Muppets mixed with p1ssed up arseholes from corporate bawling behind us. He loved the Upper Holte, but it took us a week to calm his language down after, I kid you not .
    I fear that I might be stuck in the ‘Family Stand’ for a couple of years. Oh how I look forward to the day when he becomes a ****ager and I can hopefully return to the Holte.

EV, I sympathy but now my lad is taking me down to VP, its great and i remember so well the days of 'Dad, I want a hot dog, Dad i want Drink, Dad i need the toilet..... My lad used to roll around on the concrete under the seats shouting bored bored bored.... yes those were the days.
    Soon you to will be running on the pitch with your lad like two little bad boys celebrating Wembley etc

ps we were both ST holders in the north stand for years.....boring!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)