+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Swansea

V Swansea

Think it’s time for a rest for most of the team. They are starting to look drained from the heavy Christmas schedule

Kalinic/Steer
    Elmo
    Bree
    Elphick
    Taylor (if fit)
    Bjarnason
    Lansbury
    Adomah
    O’Hare
    Kodjia
    Hogan

Yep agree with that, looks like nearly a full house thanks to lower ticket prices - hopefully the football will get bums off seats and a great atmosphere for the Cup.

Hutton and McGinn start thought they would be rested.

Lineup:-

28L Kalinic
    21Hutton
    16Bree
    24Elphick
    3Taylor
    6Whelan
    7McGinn
    22El Ghazi
    38O'Hare
    37Adomah
    9Hogan

Substitutes
    8Lansbury
    12Steer
    17Davis
    20Bjarnason
    26Kodjia
    27El Mohamady
    39Revan

Well this is going well

New back 4 needed. The goalie seems a little bit like he wants to be a sweeper keeper. Which is fine. But it was everso obvious he has never played with these team mates before today.

Concentrate on the league now*

*forever the answer when a league cup game is lost

Well i was the loser the Balti pie was easily the winner! My Birthday treat for all my close family taking advantage of the cheap prices but to be honest, the club shiuld offer a refund. It is years since i have witnessed such a dire pathetic performance, maybe the news that Tammy is leaving got the players? You would have thought Hogan would have put in a show but to be honest he was awful, he had 3 good chances a fluffed them all. That alone was not the reason for this defeat, when i saw Hutton at CH, I thought eye eye, smith doesnt want this.
    A day to forget, if Tammy does go we need Maupay in from Brentford but forget promotion!

We need Benteke and Barry in January. I don't know where to start in the defence? Why on earth did we turn down Terry as a player?

Bongo Terry's contract had a year extension option IF we'd gone up, Benteke isn't the player he was and his wage demands would be ridiculous, as for Barry, midfield is not our problem; he has the rest of the season then will probably hang up his boots.

I read on Twitter today that O'Hare was booed when subbed after 40mins, that is an absolute disgrace from some SUPPORTers. Other comments of no better than Bruce, slating Tammy due to the reported move - a player who has bagged 16 goals in 20 games and is on loan. His club calls the shots, not the player and it's a move up to the next level.

Smith and non loanees are the future of this club, a blend of youth & experience and hopefully a sound infrastructure unlike what has gone before in recent years. By all means boo the whole team off after a performance like that, but FFS don't destroy the confidence of any player, especially the fledgelings.

Rant over - onwards & hopefully upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Bongo Terry's contract had a year extension option IF we'd gone up, Benteke isn't the player he was and his wage demands would be ridiculous, as for Barry, midfield is not our problem; he has the rest of the season then will probably hang up his boots.

I read on Twitter today that O'Hare was booed when subbed after 40mins, that is an absolute disgrace from some SUPPORTers. Other comments of no better than Bruce, slating Tammy due to the reported move - a player who has bagged 16 goals in 20 games and is on loan. His club calls the shots, not the player and it's a move up to the next level.

Smith and non loanees are the future of this club, a blend of youth & experience and hopefully a sound infrastructure unlike what has gone before in recent years. By all means boo the whole team off after a performance like that, but FFS don't destroy the confidence of any player, especially the fledgelings.

Rant over - onwards & hopefully upwards.
    Hi mate, just to clear that O'Hare thing up. The booing was BECAUSE he was being subbed (55 mins), not the player himself. The crowd were very supportive of him. He played well, left on his own and into the clutches of Fer and Van der Whatever far too often.
    Atmosphere and performance to grace any SB side. Well over 30,000 as reported, though the announcer did say it was actually 40,000.

Just to add, it was 40,000 but 10,000 ST holders didnt bother to turn up!
    Yes the booing was for the decision to Sub O'hare but to be honest, he was getting bullied in midfield. The defeat was predictable knowing the line up. Even though i boughts 8 tickets for my family, i that display i dont think many of them will be rushing back to the Church..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)