+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA cup Albion v Wigan team news matchthread

Did enough to win and probably should have won by more as we missed two or three good chances. Having said this, I can't see any of our normal starting eleven being worried about their places. Holgate should probably get the right back birth and that's about all. Lecko looked decent enough and was surprised when taken off. Certainly worth a place on the bench.

Comfortable win and should have scored more goals, Plus points Bond didn't have much to do made a good save looks comfortable passing the ball out from the back, Holgate a big improvement on Tosin at full back, Tosin is a better centre half, Bartley is better on the right side of defence Harper did well and could add more pace to our midfield Leko did ok but his final ball let him down, minus points Brunt slows everything down Field looks to have totally lost his way and needs to go out on loan and Sako was poor caught offside to many times gave the ball away lots.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    We deserved the win. A couple let themselves down, Leko was lively but seemed intent on picking the wrong pass. Field was quiet. Bartley had a decent match on the right hand side of the two centre backs. Please note D.M. Don't know about Bond, he had very little to do.

I'm generally not one for slating our managers/coaches/ or players. However, during his time at Leeds (where he received rave reviews) the vast majority of Bartley's appearances were on the left of a central two, not the right. He had very little to do today which may go some way to explaining why he made less mistakes than usual. He still wasn't that great though and in all honesty I'd feel better with Burgess, Raven, Mardon, Murphy or Strodder at the back. I really don't care how old any of them are either.

Bartley may go on to turn things around at the Albion and I sincerely hope he does as it would be to our benefit. Yet his poor form for most of the season has more to do with him being an absolutely toss footballer for us thus far than it does him not being part of a central two. He played as one of a two with little distinction (all be it in his previously favoured position on the left) for the opening few games of the season. There was absolutely nothing in his performance today for Darren Moore to take note from other than his erratic sense of positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by df46 View Post
    how was Rekeem Harper?
    Harper did well for the most part and was a contender for MotM.

Poised yet physical/energetic and moved the midfield forward when required, especially in the second half.

Did himself no harm at all.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    .......... Bartley is better on the right side of defence.............
    ........ when he's got next to fk all to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Harper did well for the most part and was a contender for MotM.

Poised yet physical/energetic and moved the midfield forward when required, especially in the second half.

Did himself no harm at all.
    Heard he played very well and could be a contender for the squad next week with Livermore out for a while now...
    Very strong as '68 posted....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Heard he played very well and could be a contender for the squad next week with Livermore out for a while now...
    Very strong as '68 posted....
    On today's performance I'd have no problem with Harper filling in for Livermore, pick of the midfield for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)