+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Name slip on radio Nottm

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Nik Tzanev or Joe McDonnell then? Both of their other keepers are in on loan. Tzanev is 6ft5 but has pretty much no experience and McDonnell has more experience but looks like a smaller keeper. Size isn't everything but we could do with a big unit of a keeper to come and dominate the area imo.
    It was McDonnell that was mentioned where I saw it

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It was McDonnell that was mentioned where I saw it
    Yeah, I saw McDonnell as well, I believe it was in the Wimbledon local paper

I’d consider O’Brien a bit of a coup given our current position. He may have stagnated in the past couple of years but he was a seriously good player for Coventry and particularly Barnsley previously in his career. Only 31 so shouldn’t be like he’s shot (and we’re desperate for experience in any case).

As others have said he’s not an out-and-out winger; could play to the right of a midfield four but his best position is provably right centre in a midfield three, which we probably need to balance things out with all the left footers in there currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Yeah, I saw McDonnell as well, I believe it was in the Wimbledon local paper
    As posted by countygump:

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    So not the keeper and centre back we need then? If we play with Fitz next week then I'm done with this farcical club.
    Bye-eee.

So not the keeper and centre back we need then? If we play with Fitz next week then I'm done with this farcical club.
    Not that simple Im afraid matey. This emotional rollrrcoaster stops for no man. You are on it for life, thick and thin. As Jim Morrison once said ,No one gets out of here alive. 😁

If he has signed, why hasn't it been made public by Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    If he has signed, why hasn't it been made public by Notts.
    If he HAS indeed signed, then the club probably want to do the proper reveal including the obligatory 'photo holding scarf with pitch behind' and the cookie-cutter welcome interview where he says how massive a club Notts is and how he hopes to force his way into the first team and help us escape the relegation zone blah.

Whoever plays in goal for Notts County next week I will be there. I will also be there next season, whatever league we are in and the season after. Well, that's just me I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Whoever plays in goal for Notts County next week I will be there. I will also be there next season, whatever league we are in and the season after. Well, that's just me I suppose.
    Not just you, I'm afraid you'll have me for company!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast