+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ardley on Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I'd date him ahead of Vaughan, Crawford, Patching, Hussin and Thomas.
    Sorry I may be fussier but I wouldn't date any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Sorry I may be fussier but I wouldn't date any of them.
    Oh, What a Gay Day.

I've got to start checking the predictive text properly before I post.

I've got to start checking the predictive text properly before I post.
    Sorry couldn't resist

All managers rate Hewitt, must have something going for him. He was great partnered with Yates...we need to replace Yates

“we need to replace Yates”

we need to replace Yates

we need to replace Yates

we need to replace Yates

we need to replace Yates

But
    We
    Didn’t.

Nolo’s headstone.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Just heard Ardley post match, sounds like Enzio will be back in training in a week or so if I understood correctly. Some good news at last on the injury front.
    How is Fitz injury coming on?.
    He plays like he has 2 broken arms..!.
    At fault for the 2nd goal at Colchester.
    No anticipation of what's happening in front of him and so slow getting down.
    If there was a fifty quid note on the floor I'm sure he would get down to the floor instantly....

It's all about opinions I suppose but Hewitt is the most energetic midfielder we've got. Ahead of Hewitt in the blame game for goals conceded I'd list Fitz, Evina, Jones, Brisley, Duffy, Oxlade, Vaughan and Ward ahead of him and as a midfielder I'd date him ahead of Vaughan, Crawford, Patching, Hussin and Thomas. Only Milsom would get on the team sheet in midfield before him.
    That's not to say he's had a good season but for some reason he gets more stick than he deserves.
    This got me thinking about the goals conceeded so far this season in the league and FA cup (not counting the EFL cup or trophy) and who was at fault. So looking at the highlights, then Hewitt does come out on top with 13 goals that he should have done much better with. The next player, on 7, is Fitz followed closley by Brisley on 6. Jones is one ahead of Duffy on 5 and then on 2 are Evina, Tootle, Turley, Ox and Ward. Being at fault for only goal are Enzio, Vaughan, Bird, Barclay and Milsom.
    This counts for 50 out of the 63 goals conceeded as I believe that 13 goals could not have been stopped (O.K, all goals can be stopped, but no blame is attached to any player for these 13 (IMO))

Like you, I would have Milsom ahead of Hewitt, but I would also pick Kellett, Crawford and Aless ahead of him.
    This is all about opinions and no-one is right or wrong, it is only an opinion.

Talking about getting more stick than they deserve, I believe that Fitz is way ahead of Hewitt in this category, although we do need to get a new keeper, but Hewitt is still living of last seasons first 6 months display when alongside Yates, as up until Yates arrival, he was crap, but everyone seems to have forgotten this due to the start of last season when he did look like a footballer

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    All managers also saw things in Hollis.
    So did I. I was among those critisizing him while he was here but I really miss his big boot up into the stratosphere. Not the most elegant of players but he knew how to defend corners and get rid of the ball. It's something Ardley is working on now I believe, his testing of different players in various defensive patterns till we stop leaking goals.

I'd stick Enzio left wing as he is most dangerous cutting in and shooting with his right foot
    I would too, he's the one who supplies the final pass to someone like Dennis who can turn and shoot in an instant.

I thought Hewitt was very good as soon as he went into midfield at the back of the 16/17 season before Yates came.
    I haven't gone through videos of all our conceded goals, life's too short but I would take issue with some of those stats.
    Second goal yesterday started from Vaughan being too slow to get to the man to challenge. It won't go down as a Vaughan error the blame gets shuffled to Duffy, Fitz and an unlucky deflection but that lack of dynamism from midfield has really cost us this season. Because the problems start high up the pitch they don't get noticed, it's always the last bit of the conceded goal that draws the eye.
    It's not that I think Hewitt's a world beater it's just that he's rangy 6'3" and can get around the pitch for ninety minutes. To me a midfielder that can't run is a waste of time. Fotheringham, Aborah, and now Vaughan fall into that category even though they are technically streets ahead of him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast