+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Milner is a rock. The cornerstone of the team. They have better players but no better team leader.

we'd have a better chance getting Mesi than him right now. He's going nowhere this season.

You are entitled to your opinion but in this case it's way off.

Love to see him wearing the shirt next season but suspect he'll end up in the MLS which seems to be the retirment home for many good players anymore.
    Bbs question was about Milner and (given where we are through the season), and I agree with you that he's going nowhere. My view going forward is that he isnt right as that cornerstone you mention, at least not for Leeds and not with Bielsas methods. Also not keen on Leeds being an alternative "retirement home.

He would also probably break whatever wage structure we have, but that might not be an issue if the whole structure is up for grabs following promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    You must be joking right?

He plays more often than not in one of the best teams in the world yet he wont be good enough for us? I have heard it all now from you.
    Agreed - Milner's "moneyball" stats are amazing and he is one of the first names of the team sheet at Liverpool but somehow not good enough for us. Coupled with the fact he is a Leeds lad and has one of the most professional attitudes in football ...

If we get back to the prem this season then I hope we bring him in on a free!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Agreed - Milner's "moneyball" stats are amazing and he is one of the first names of the team sheet at Liverpool but somehow not good enough for us. Coupled with the fact he is a Leeds lad and has one of the most professional attitudes in football ...

If we get back to the prem this season then I hope we bring him in on a free!
    I didn't say he wasn't "good enough", I said he wasn't right, there is a huge difference and the latter is more about what needs to be done for the squad, not how we exploit the talents of one player.

Anyway, I've expressed an opinion, given some justification, which is more than most posters here have done, and we will see what transpires. For this who want him to join, either now or in the summer, don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I didn't say he wasn't "good enough", I said he wasn't right, there is a huge difference and the latter is more about what needs to be done for the squad, not how we exploit the talents of one player.

Anyway, I've expressed an opinion, given some justification, which is more than most posters here have done, and we will see what transpires. For this who want him to join, either now or in the summer, don't hold your breath.
    I agree that there is zero chance of him joining in this window. Beyond that, I can't see how it wouldn't be "right" as he is the sort of player I am sure Bielsa loves; technically gifted, hard working, fit as the proverbial butcher's dog and could only improve the team (could play RB or anywhere in midfield).

I would have thought we have to bring in a keeper as if BPF gets injured then that would be v worrying and well as he has done this season he is still young and learning.

Bowen from Hull would be good but they are asking for silly money and beyond that in this window anyone who is available on reasonable money is probably no where near what MB is looking for and those that are will take silly money to secure.

Think with this one, players in their twilight years just like to see out there careers earn a few extra pound etc......but IMO Milner would want to play and help us...not just show up for a game or two. Maybe go into coaching? Pipe dream maybe but I'd be happy to see him at LEEDS once again.

Real Madrid keeper in ? What do we know about him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Goalkeeper comming .
    You heard it here first

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Real Madrid keeper in ? What do we know about him ?
    Nobidy knows anything about him as he hasnt played for his club this season (and i suspect hes forgotten where the Bernebau is).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Nobidy knows anything about him as he hasnt played for his club this season (and i suspect hes forgotten where the Bernebau is).
    If nobody has seen or knows about him, how can he be slagged off at already? 3rd keeper at RM may well equal best keeper in Championship level?? He may well be playing intraclub games and used there to teach the other younger keepers like BPF...and that may be our intention too. More as a coaching role...and give him competition of course. See I can guess too without knowing the insides to it....

Young lad from Scotland. 16 yo. Another for the future.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)