+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One thing we learned tonight..

One thing we learned tonight..

VAR doesn't work!!

If that was a penalty,I will eat my hat and it means we are owed at least a dozen over the last two seasons.
    The poor fecker did get kicked in the heed after he fell over though...

I was waiting for the decision to get overturned I must admit.

Although i'm looking forward to the Burnley pen getting over-turned as he's running up

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    VAR doesn't work!!

If that was a penalty,I will eat my hat and it means we are owed at least a dozen over the last two seasons.
    The poor fecker did get kicked in the heed after he fell over though...
    .. That's the disjoint between the fans and those in the game .. They see contact, no matter how weak, as the whole point of the argument. As fans, we don't agree this point, and reckon they will see any form of tackle done away with. Which has already happened to a large extent. There is nothing more boring than a the defense lining up like a load of basket ball players. I agree with Ando when he says that they will see the game done away with ..

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. That's the disjoint between the fans and those in the game .. They see contact, no matter how weak, as the whole point of the argument. As fans, we don't agree this point, and reckon they will see any form of tackle done away with. Which has already happened to a large extent. There is nothing more boring than a the defense lining up like a load of basket ball players. I agree with Ando when he says that they will see the game done away with ..
    Andyj’s a MAG!!!🤣

Aye...this shite about being entitled to go down if you feel contact is in danger of destroying the game as we know it...it's already massively damaged.

The problem is, it's encouraged by managers and players as they seek to exploit any angle to win. I remember Ferguson justifying a dive by one of his players saying 'he was anticipating contact. Jermaine Jenas was saying only this season about another blatant dive that he was entitled to go down because he felt a touch. Mo salah got a bit of criticism but even Danny Murphy-who I normally like-was saying it was Dummett's fault because he gave the ref the chance to make a decision.

The whole thing fucking stinks, man.

It's pathetic

To think football is supposed to be a CONTACT sport. It's gone way to far to be able to call it that anymore. You can't even enjoy a crunching tackle anymore.

You barely tackle, let alone crunching tackle.

2nd thing I learned last night - we found our level (just about).

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)