+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 28 years ago today ( 5th Jan 1991 )

28 years ago today ( 5th Jan 1991 )

Our wonderful fans carried Tim Buzzaglo on their shoulders whilst he celebrated his fabulous three goals.

I can’t think of another club’s fans that have ever done that!?

Certainly not at Chorley.

28 years ago....

Bloody hell, I was stationed in Germany then.

So much water's gone under the bridge it seems like a lifetime ago.

Fair play to those who attended and well done to those who carried Buzaglo off at the end, very sporting.

A genuine pity they didn't do it when the teams came together just before kick off though .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Bloody hell, I was stationed in Germany then.

So much water's gone under the bridge it seems like a lifetime ago.

Fair play to those who attended and well done to those who carried Buzaglo off at the end, very sporting.

A genuine pity they didn't do it when the teams came together just before kick off though .
    The low point in our history for me.

That and starting Don Goodman’s career!

Talbot was sacked and replaced by Gould. Humiliation completed

Went up to Goodison for their next cup game. There was loads of Albion up there.

My first game without family,
    I went up with my mates after a couple of ciders over the park
    We were awful, but I loved supporting my local team and not Liverpool and Everton like most people in my year

I really enjoyed the atmosphere we were a proper family club, where you felt close to the club, a lot has changed since then

I looked at the weather and decided tot to come up for that game, a rare event back then. Really wish I had been there. I couldn't understand how the board could appoint Gould with all the fans against the appointment. The bloke had no chance as we were against him from day one. He almost kept us up, (too many draws), almost got us into the play offs the following season, signed super Bob and played attacking football, albeit long ball most of the time.
    His 3 transfer deadline day signings were disasters: White, Williams & Ampadu. Twerton was my worst football experience ever.
    His team was more watchable than the Pulis side, which says alot about Pulis.

Seems longer ago than that but it is odd how things are recalled. It is just over 40 years since Keith Moon died but it does not seem that long ago. A couple of days ago it was 40 years since the Khemer Rouge were defeated in Cambodia but that seems much further in the past.

Seem to remember a fan rushing onto the pitch in front of the dugout and thrusting his hat & scarf onto the ground and stamping on it in front of Talbot. (The stewards were slow to react...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)