+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v Colchester

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Sorry 78 . Really pissed off it took smartarse to put me right.
    Don't be like that. I was polite and gracious when I could easily have been sarcastic.

I'm just not myself today.

Come in gents... let bygones be bygones.

First of all, what a lovely ground ( my first visit). Parking easy, stewards really helpful and a free programme! Loved that they kept the area between the fans open beneath the stand, so refreshing.

Fitz, well I think it was. Commanded his area well ( I know! ) and couldn't be faulted for any of their goals. I did however notice some idiot on here blame him for going the wrong way! 8

Evina. Not his biggest fan but thought he did well today. 8

Barclay. A few very dodgy back passes but did well. 7

Bird . Thought he was at fault for their first goal , failed to close his man down quickly enough . Other than that, ok. 7

Jones. The Jones haters might blame him for their first goal just because Bird is one of our own. 7

Duffy. My MOTM . Absolutely everywhere. I would love to hate him but I cant. 9

Vaughan. Best player on the pitch in the first half. Looked knackered when he was subbed. 8

Kellet. I think this lad as so much more to offer. He buzzers around everwhere when he's on his game.I hope he was injured when he was subbed, otherwise it was a big mistake. 8

Milsom. Rubbish. 5

Stead. Usual . 7

Subs.

Turley . Battled well . 7

Lewis. Shoot, shoot , ffs shoot. Why the fcuk didn't twinkle toes shoot! Good to see him back .6

Thomas. Well you might as well brought me on. A very genorous 1.

Talking to some Colchester fans on the way back to the car , said it was never a penalty. Thanks lads!

To sum the game up ,we did well to get a point in the end .Colchester were all over us in the second half . I can't help thinking if they hadn't got that fluke goal just before half time , we would have gone on to win. Their fans were really getting on their backs and that just changed the momentum.COYP

Navy i agree with most apart from Stead, who i thought was awful once again.I would only rate him a 4 at the most. We should have kept Dennis on and taken him off. That wasn't you having a go at Jones when the game first started was it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't be like that. I was polite and gracious when I could easily have been sarcastic.

I'm just not myself today.
    A Notts fan goes all the way to Colchester and takes the time to give his match ratings. It's been a long weekend and I have done my best looking after two ****age boys who get withdrawal symptoms if they can't get a wi-fi connection. You be all the sarcastic you want.

A Notts fan goes all the way to Colchester and takes the time to give his match ratings. It's been a long weekend and I have done my best looking after two ****age boys who get withdrawal symptoms if they can't get a wi-fi connection. You be all the sarcastic you want.
    I didn't want to be sarcastic, because any Notts fan who makes trips like this has my total respect and admiration. I used to do it myself at one time, between 1971 and 1981 I think I missed 3 Notts games home and away in a decade. It was probably easier then because we were pretty good, and my days off work were often booked around a Tuesday night away game. A few times I would get home at 2am and have to be in work at 6am. Then a wife and kids came along and away games were off the list.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Navy i agree with most apart from Stead, who i thought was awful once again.I would only rate him a 4 at the most. We should have kept Dennis on and taken him off. That wasn't you having a go at Jones when the game first started was it ?
    No mate , I try never to have a go a Notts player, let alone before a game starts. I was sat on the 3rd row nearest to the pitch and the Colchester fans. Right behind that bloke with the walking stick who spent the whole game shouting ***ist remarks ( and whole lot more *******s as well) , I helped him ( like I would anyone ) when he nearly fell over getting out of his seat just before half time. Good lookin bloke with 2 lads in tow always on their phones, that's me.

I always enjoy seeing others’ match ratings. I don’t always agree with their assessments, but we will all see the same match slightly differently. Hope to see more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I didn't want to be sarcastic, because any Notts fan who makes trips like this has my total respect and admiration. I used to do it myself at one time, between 1971 and 1981 I think I missed 3 Notts games home and away in a decade. It was probably easier then because we were pretty good, and my days off work were often booked around a Tuesday night away game. A few times I would get home at 2am and have to be in work at 6am. Then a wife and kids came along and away games were off the list.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    I must admit I do love having a barny with you but your devotion to the club we both love cannot be questioned.I could easily have a pint with you but if politics raised its ugly head , well, we could both shrug and agree to dither.
    Last edited by navypie; 05-01-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Match Ratings.....Ardley....0 !!

****ed up big time taking Dennis off,we were already under the cosh but knew we wouldn't win then.Negative tactics,We should have gone for another goal,Colchester were not that good defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Match Ratings.....Ardley....0 !!

****ed up big time taking Dennis off,we were already under the cosh but knew we wouldn't win then.Negative tactics,We should have gone for another goal,Colchester were not that good defensively.
    Bit strong mate. I didn't agree with the decision to take Dennis ( even though I forget to rate him ) but you're right , we were under the cosh so some would argue Ardley got the tactics spot on. Still haven't seen the penalty decision on the box but if the ref did get it wrong it
    would be a shame ,thought he was one of the better refs I have seen this season
    Last edited by navypie; 05-01-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast